Friday, March 20, 2015

The First Day of Spring

Today is the first day of spring but it is also my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary.  They only knew each other for six months when they got married.  They had a small ceremony and my grandma did not go because they had made some judgments against Dad. It took them many years to get past them but in the end they learned he was a good mad and good to their baby daughter. 

 They did not want a big party or anything but I did plan a bit of a celebration at the Aunt's Meeting on Saturday.  


And on the first Day of Spring, we had snow.  Baylor started out with a two hour delay. When I was dropping him off at COF another Mom told me they just called off school for the day.  Since we were already there I left him there and went to work.  The roads were fine, just wet.  But only three of the seven of us made it into work. And honestly, if I had received the call of message before we left, I would have stayed at home as well.  


But Mom and Dad came over in the morning and picked him up from COF before lunch.  They went to Hoss's for lunch and had a good afternoon together,  Mom pulled out some food from the freezer for dinner and we gave then a few anniversary gifts and a picture Baylor drew of them.  Mom's best friend, Barb, called my house looking for Mom and Dad.  She asked me what I had done to celebrate their big anniversary and I had to tell her we really did not do anything for them.  I felt like a major schlep of course but I could not talk about what I had planned for Saturday morning.  Time will tell!  


No comments:

Post a Comment