Saturday morning I headed off to Mom's, sans Baylor because Gloria was off and Meme and Pap were expected in the afternoon. Mom and I went to the Herb Fair, our Mother's Day tradition. I held myself back from buying any tomato plants because last year we did not eat any of them, I froze the few that did not end up rotting on the vine. I love growing them but we just did not eat them. Maybe next year! I bought a few herbs and a recycled item dragonfly garden stake. I love buying garden art! Then we went to Stauffer's to find some annuals for our containers. I had bought her a hanging basket, a deck hanger for the basket, and the potting soil but no plants! I picked out a few as well for my patio pots. We headed to her house for lunch and before I left we cut some lilacs and took a Mother's Day selfie. I am glad we are close and able to do things together.
Sunday was a mix of whatever I wanted to do. Since I had spent the day with my mom, it was my day to my things. In between weeding, when I needed a break, I played video games with Baylor! He was right, Mommy likes to play games with him. And while weeding, I found my 12th mantis egg case.
Gloria was able to spend the day with her mom as well! It was a good Mom-filled weekend! It is good to be the Mom!
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment