The blackberries are doing great this year and it will be the first year we have ever been able to pick more then a few berries at a time. My bucket is half full of the tart, juicy berries.
While I was out picking the berries I checked out the other garden bed and found the bum-bum bees (Baylor's name for them when he was younger) enjoying the giant black-eyed Susans.
I could not find anyone on the annual black eyed Susans but I know they get their share of bugs as well.
They are starting to lean into the path on the side of the house. Soon I won't be able to walk down there. I guess I better get some stakes out soon!
This bush apparently dies every year and then comes back. The bees love the blue flowers. It is right next to the side path and I always worry about someone being attacked by bees but the path is totally overgrown this year so it is not being used at all. They are safe for another year. And the bees have a lovely place to eat.








No comments:
Post a Comment