We had plans to me an online friend at a water park and while I have good intentions of being on time, I am usually way later than I want to be. And my luck of catching the crossing trains does not help me out with that. We had to stop for gas and a snack for Baylor and headed up the road.
A road that added over 30 minutes to our drive due to construction and then another 30 minutes at our destination due to the one lane traffic just to get to the park parking lot. So an hour and a half after I thought we would be there we arrived. The girls were eating lunch and we sat with them at our table getting to know each other a bit. Baylor did not want to eat and ended up not wanting to do anything for a good hour and a half afterward. The air temp was close to the water temp and he was crying in the pool because he was cold. After a bit, I told the girls to go enjoy the park while Baylor and I went to our towels to warm up. He relented to an ice cream to get something in him and after warming up in his towel he started to come around a bit. At least enough to walk around the park to see what was there.
The surfing caught his eye and after watching it for a while he decided he would try it.
I thought he was going to back out, after all just two days ago he would not just off the diving board at swimming class. This was throwing yourself down a water hill on a board and trying to control it. Thankfully they helped him and he went down, she caught him and off he shot up the hill into the wall. They offered for him to try again but he shook his head no.
I was super excited for him to try the surfing and while he zipped down and zipped right back up, he loved it!
We headed to another splash area with an ancient Egypt theme. I thought Baylor would do well with some lunch and we stood in line for over an hour for a burger and fries. His mood much improved at that but it was close to 5:00 pm when the girls planned to leave. We played in Egypt for a bit and then headed to the towels to say good bye.
I had originally planned to leave around 5 as well but since he was opening up and having fun we stayed until nearly 7:00. We went back to Egypt and did all the water slides and tubes and we loved them. He even liked the super dark hamster tube this time. We played in the toddler splash pool until it was time to leave, which was fine but crowded.
We drove home by the light of the blue moon, but no longer blue because it is now August! It was a good day to begin the winding down of Summer Vacation. (how the heck did that happen)








No comments:
Post a Comment