This morning we had plans to meet up with the Clan Hazel at Dutch Wonderland. We went last year and it is a really good, affordable, park for these kids of ours. For once, Baylor and I were not running late and arrived early. Only to get a text from Heather that she was running really late and had just left her house. We went into the park, picked out his souvenir Stegosaurus and hit a few rides while we waited from them to arrive.
We both rode the Space Shuttle which rocks back and forth. I had to close my eyes a few times on that one. We went into the Dutch house that spins around the seats. Had to close my eyes a few times on that one as well. He rode the rockets by himself, loved it.
He did the swings by himself, loved it.
We did the spinning turtles of death, we loved it.
He wanted to do the Space Shuttle again. I paired him up with another single rider so I could sit this one out.
When Clan Hazel arrived we put them on a few rides and headed back to the dinosaurs and boat ride. The kids played in the sand for a bit, excavating dinosaur fossils while Heather and I chatted a bit. Then it was off to see the dinosaurs.
Awww, the boys are still besties when they are around each other! Their primary goal was to hunt and shoot all the dinosaurs.
After the dino hunt we got the kids Dippin' Dots. I was saving myself for the Dole Whip and just had a few bits of Baylor's and Brigid's dots. I saw this guy resting his head on his cane and we had a bit of a laugh over it!
Baylor got mad when we boarded the boats because we could not sit in the back or something about a coaster. Whatever. He spent most of the ride holding his head up with his hand.
The rest of us had fun!
We worked our way to the only large coaster there and he perked up. They sat in the last car and Brigid, my little buddy, and I sat in the next car up.
Let's get ready to ride! We all love this coaster. It is pretty tame by coaster standards but is the biggest ride in this park.
After the coaster and some lunch, which Baylor would not eat, we rode the Monorail. My happy kid, I hope he remembers the fun parts of these days and not all the times where he was a sad for some reason.
These two had fun the whole time!
We have this photo from last year as well.
And one like this on the flume.
We did watch one of the diving shows but this show we were just walking by as the diver was climbing to the top step. I told Baylor if the man could dive from that height, maybe he, Baylor, could jump off the low board in swimming class next session. I don't think he is buying into my logic.
Photo op! I am sure we have a version of this from last year as well.
This is the only ride Heather really wanted to ride. They rode it last year too.
It was after 5:00 when the kids said they wanted to play in the water park. It was not a very hot day but the kids enjoyed themselves in the one splash area that was operating. Heather and I enjoyed ourselves reclining in the shade.
We saved a bit of money bringing in a refillable water bottle. We went through several refills during the day.
When Clan Hazel headed out, we stayed for a few more rides and I finally got my pineapple whip!! It is soooo good. Baylor chose the orange whip and we toasted our whips to a good day had by all.
We buzzed my parents house on the way home. It is not really on the way home, but much closer to the park then not. We just stopped in to say hello, pee, cuddle, kiss and say good bye. And there was a rabbit in the yard on the way out but it ran off when Chief came outside.
When we arrived at the house, the first day of the fair was in in full swing. Thankfully Baylor was not interested and we just went inside and to bed!































No comments:
Post a Comment