Monday, April 17, 2017

Jake's First Week

Well, Jake and the family are settling in and getting to know each other.  He has be just fine in the crate so far during the day but I come home at lunch to let him out.  It was such a nice sunny day, we went out on the patio and he just laid down. Which is fine, but I thought he might like to pee first!  We take a quick walk around the field behind the house and say good bye until later.  


Thursday I took him to his first vet appointment.  He was interested in the other dogs there of course but he left the UPS man alone.  One of the ladies at the desk was putting in our information and said she remembered Eddy.  And I choked back that I remembered her too.  I showed them the photo of Eddy and Jake in the yard I had made earlier.  They agreed we have a type!



He as a good, patient patient.  And to say everyone fell in love with him would be an understatement.  The vet thinks he is only five months old but I am still leaning to somewhere between that an the 10 we were told when we got him.  He weighs 36 lbs and is in overall good shape.  He received a few shots and a follow up in May.  



We went home and he enjoyed a bully until we picked up Baylor and headed to the dog park. 


He is such a social dog and loves playing with the dogs at the park.  He is always in the latest mosh pit, loving all the dogs and having a lot of doggy fun.





And he is a much nicer dog at home when he is tired.  


I pulled him up on my lap and he just settled in however he landed.  


Friday after work we decided to take Jake to the creek and see how he was.  


Baylor loves Jake, not the mouthy, biting Jake and is still getting used to being licked but he loves having a dog he can be with and grow up with. 



While the water is pretty cold and no one wants to get in too far, he seems tolerant of water. But not interested enough to try swimming. 


But he will sit his butt in the cold water. 



We were there for quite a while and Baylor especially loved being in the water. 



His mug is so cute!! 




Grimm is willing to be around Jake but then Jake gets too excited and chases Grimm away.  This is going to take a long time I think for them to become friends. 


What is more perfect than a dog laying in the doorway?


We had Kartikey come for the day Saturday and Landon and Ryder joined us for a few hours in the afternoon.  They had a pasta picnic at supper time.  Jake and I spent most of the day outside.  He stayed in the yard and I worked at weeding and raking outside the fence.  For the most part he just sat around waiting for me.   

Baylor was too dirty to go to bed that way so he took a bath and asked for Jake to join him,  While Jake was not thrilled (and still smelled pretty dogish) he tolerated it better than the shower last Sunday when we brought him home. 


Sunday morning, Easter morning, Gloria helped me get Jake to wear the bunny ears.  He really just wanted to eat them as he loves fuzzy things like them. Happy Easter!  


What is more perfect than a dog laying in the doorway?  A dog laying in the sunshine in the doorway! 


We had a small Easter gathering, my family, my parents and Dave.  Both of Gloria's parents were sick and could not make it.  The Easter Bunny was pretty good to Baylor, he even got this cute new Easter bag. 


And the Easter Buddy mainly had to hide the large eggs this year.  They have the best things anyway like new movies and Legos. 





Checking out his loot while Grandma peeled eggs for deviled eggs.


Monday the kids were off school and I worked from home.  Landon came over for the day and two hours after he got to the house he looked like this.  I texted his dad to see if he had allergies and he said he broke out on Saturday too. Like Saturday the day he was here last?  I asked if I could give him some Zyrtec and he said it would be OK. 


And within a half hour he looked better.  I am afraid he might be allergic to Jake! He never had problems around Eddy so it is odd that Jake would bother him.    


By the time Joey arrived to pick him up, Baylor was done for the day and Landon was having fun with the bunny ears! 


The Brown girls made me a dandelion necklace, I have not had one of those in years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment