A few weekends ago we had our family reunion. The monthly Aunt's meetings are also planning meetings, for about 15 minutes at least. We have been doing these for years now and we know the drill so planning is just a formality. After all that planning, we send out letters to the family that do not participate in the meetings advising them of the place, date and time. On said day, let the reunion begin. Below is the core of the early crew. My Aunt Betty in the white shirt with yellow flowers is the only remaining original Aunt and the last of her siblings. She is the baby of seven children and just turned 90 last week. I am 40 and I don't think I get around as well as she does. Her husband, Uncle Dick, has the hat and sweater vest on and their son Phil is sitting between them. My dad is talking to his cousin Kay and her husband is sitting next to her. Kay's daughter Kathy also is on the set up crew but she was off somewhere working while they talked and enjoyed coffee. Good deal for them huh?
All Baylor cared about was the merry-go-round and the swings and we had a path made between the two for most of the day. But seeing the joy on his face was worth the walks between the two.
Occasionally, I could get buddy away from the coffee to play with Baylor.
This would be a great photo of them if it did not look like I was shooting through a veil. I think the light was too strong from behind and over exposed it. I am going to play with this and see if I can salvage it.
Conner likes Frisbee this summer and we brought one to play with. He has the toss down pretty good now.
And Baylor caught it! Not really.
This is Zoe Brown, is she not just adorable? She joined in with the boys whenever she could. She is Kay's great-granddaughter and lives in SC, with her parents of course. Her mom is a teacher and is able to visit her parents for a month in the summer. Her husband comes up for the reunion too. Her first birthday was in February.
And then we were swinging. See the merry-go-round in the background and the ever so faint trail between the two?
We spied a tiny toad hopping around the merry-go- round. I had to keep reminding Baylor not to step on it because apparently boy-vision is different from girl-vision. He will step on something while asking me where something is. I see a lot of 'don't make me come find it' and if it was a snake it would have bit you' in my future.
Last year Heather and Connor did last 10 minutes at the reunion because Connor got flung off the merry-go-round and broke his arm! The swings were a safer place to start this year.
Brigid is growing so fast like babies do. She lost all her baby hair and is quite bald. Other than that she looks so much like her mom!
One of the games we play is Bingo and the prize table was piled so high that by then end people got bored. We did not clear the cards when someone got a bingo so it was not a matter of if you win but when you win. The kids loved it either way. We also had a cookie walk, played now-you-have-it-now-you-don't, a scavenger hunt for all ages, and Minute to Win it. Of course there was food but we were to busy eating it to take photos of that!
No comments:
Post a Comment