I have a mess'o mint growing by the gate. It is invasive but I love it. I know I can yank it out with abandon and it will come back with force. Some times we do use it for tea or in fruit salad and this time I wanted to use it for mint ice cream. Yum! First we cut some nice leaves out of the mess, washed it, and chopped it.
Add to milk and heat to a simmer. Allow to steep for the time it takes to watch Thomas or Bob the builder.
Strain out the mint and add it to the rest of the ice cream base. Make the custard and allow to cool.
Enlist the help of Superman to add the cream and a bit of color.
Green of course for kryptonite.
Look at that concentration!
Freeze and add chopped dark chocolate when nearly done.
No comments:
Post a Comment