Even though Baylor and I spend the entire weekend together, I am usually busy with things needing to be done and while we do play, it is not enough for him. Which I do understand, he is an only child after all. Who else is he going to play with? Mondays seem to be the night we reconnect through play. Tonight we made a huge fort in the living room. I suggested the king size sheet, which did not go over very well at first. After the mood swing had past, he had a great idea to use the big sheet and low and behold, it worked. The fort was big enough for all of us but Lori was not able to join Baylor, myself, and all his little friends.
We had a picnic in the fort and dessert in there as well.
Then he amazed me with his balloon blowing skill. He could not do that yesterday so it is a new skill for him.
He wanted me to catch him letting go of the balloon and it blowing away but that happens very fast. I never knew when he was going to let go. We got this one.
And he caught this one that I blew up and let go.
Eddy even came in to join us after we spilled out half of Baylor's dinner on the blanket.
We cleaned up the yard of the pool toys, started the pool closing process, and I did a few drawer fronts in paint or sealer coat.
And I have been working on these little beauties for the last day. I picked up a silicone ice mold at Home Goods on Saturday and used candy melts to fill them. They will look great for the Halloween party!
So much fun! Can't wait to build forts for Dylan!
ReplyDeleteI love those candies! Your party's going to be a blast!
Seriously, those fangs are awesome!
ReplyDelete