Mom called at 7:00 this morning to tell my my Grandma passed away in her sleep around 3:30. They were called late last night and were told she was lethargic and was put on oxygen. Mom and Dad went over for a few hours and she was resting peacefully and no one knew what was going to happen so they went home around 1:30. I feel bad that she was alone when she passed. It has been a year since I saw her and I do feel guilty about that. She has been in the home since Grandpa passed in 2008 and was taken over by Alzheimers ever since.
Heather had gone to see her on Saturday and I am sure she is glad she did. Heather grew up going to the farm all the time and they were always very close. We all have wonderful memories of going to the farm for holidays and spending time with family. When we lost Grandpa, when the farm was sold, and Grandma was no longer able to join us, we all felt a bit of sadness on each holiday. Now each Labor Day will be filled with sadness as we remember Mary Elizabeth McGinnis Miller who was 92 in July.
I'm sorry for your loss - but she wasn't alone, she was, really, resting peacefully... and she had 92 years of love surrounding her.
ReplyDeleteLove you you and yours...
Oh, I'm so sorry....
ReplyDelete