Saturday, September 22, 2012

First Day of Fall

 
 
Today is the first day of fall.  Since I love seeing the leaves change in my back yard I think I will try to take a photo a week in the same place and try for the same time of day to see how things change over the next three months.  So here is a part of my back yard today 9-22-2012 at around 8 am. 
 
 
While I was taking the photo my little man came out rocking his late 70s early 80s flair.

 
And then we went to

 
 
for our third swimming lesson.  This time he was the sad boy who did not want to be there but he was a willing student once he got in there. 

 
And then we stopped at

 
for a donut for Baylor and a sandwich for me.  We were going to stop at a local diner but the line was really long and neither one of us wanted to wait for food.  Because Baylor was having a hard time going to swimming class today we had Daisy with us.  She also likes pink sprinkle donuts apparently.

 
We headed to
 
 
to see what Halloween items we could find.  We found a few other items and Baylor found a few hats to try on.  He asked me to take his picture so of course I did. 
 


 
Next door was

 
He found a motion sensitive ghoul and had a blast setting him off over and over again. 
 
Then it was over to

 
to find some more drawer pulls for the dresser project.  I bought out the supply at our local store and I found more at this one.  I decided on a larger and slightly different style for the drawers on the upright dresser.  We also needed some spray primer and spray sealer for the second dresser.  Baylor made friends with the two door greeters.  I am amazed he has no fear of these things.  He actually enjoys them.  I am not very into the scary side of Halloween but I think Baylor is very attracted to it. 

 
We headed home and stopped by

 
for a few things.  We played a bit outside, I made mini apple pies, and I worked on the laundry mountains.  Eventually I found this one the couch. 
 
 
I let him sleep for about two hours and I had to wake him up to go to Oktoberfest at Ann and Rick's.  I convinced Lori to go because there was food and beer.  Baylor and I went last year but it cold, raining and not as much fun. 
 
 
I went for the bread and bratwursts and had saurbraten, roasted pork, and German potato salad.  Maybe I had room on my plate for a few more bites of other goodies.  Baylor loved the bread, my little carb addict. 

 
He was playing battling clappers with Pop-pop Robin.  They had a good time clapping with the music also. 


 
Today was a good way to start fall! 

 
 

1 comment: