Well, I guess I should post something today but nothing really happened on this momentous occasion. I went to work, came home, cleaned the basement and made some Christmas aprons for Baylor and his cousins. But I have a few things to catch up on though.
The Sunday after the Gingerbread party we put some decorations up outside. We have had the polar bear in the basement for years. In the last flood the box was destroyed and he has been in a bag for the last four Christmas'. I knew Baylor would love him so we put him up between us and the Browns. Baylor loved him so much he gave him a cuddle. Mandy came out and told us she really liked our bear. Baylor told her not to worry because it was not a real bear. I love that he is so thoughtful of the safety of others!
Wednesday I used my last half day of vacation and I met Baylor and Lori at a local bowling alley. They had gone there the week before and Baylor really loved it. They were eating lunch when I arrived and he had apparently chatted up an elderly woman there for her bowling group. She told me he was a really sweet little boy as I walked by with him on our way to the restroom. She seemed very smitten with him. Lori said he was talking to her all about bowling.
He had his technique down for bumper bowling. The threw the ball so lightly I was amazed it even made it down the lane.
On my first turn I bowled a strike!
Lori has her own ball and shoes. We shared the the ball but I had to suffer with rental shoes that were too slippery. I was afraid I was going to blow out a knee sliding down the lane. The holes in her ball are not right for me either and my knuckles are still sore and swollen feeling a week later. I hate being so old!
We found the ramps and brought the shortest one for Baylor to try. He still was not interested in pushing it head down the lane but he did pretty good lining it up all by himself.
At the fifth frame Baylor was ahead of Lori.
But I have Lori a few pointers on her swing and by the end she had pulled ahead of him by six pins. I still beat them all even though I did not break a 100.
Then Baylor wanted to show me the arcade games. Glimpses into the future I suppose. This driving game was good for him because he never died no matter how many time he ran into the walls or off the cliffs.
Lori headed home and Baylor and I did a bit of shopping. We went to the Salvation Army where we found a three foot tree for Baylor to have in the TV/guest room downstairs. We went to three other stores before heading home and he was a real trooper about the whole trip. When we got home he was excited to decorate his tree.
While I was wrapping gifts he found tons of ribbons and bows in the ribbon and bow tote. In past years I would never be able to find my Christmas ribbons and have to buy more or I would hit the after Christmas sales and buy some more. And I have been to the Ofray ribbon outlet a few times and they are so ridiculously cheap it is so easy to over shop there. He was quite pleased with his work.
It looks nothing like that now because it is redecorated just about every evening. But he loves it just the same. Like his orange soda mustache? There is no sneaking that treat.
Very cute, especially his little tree!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your very kind offer, by the way! We will definitely take you up on it someday! :)