Tuesday Lori and Baylor drove to Chambersburg to pick up cat they had picked out the week before. We have been on a cat hunt for about a month and they found a cat at the Chambersburg Animal Shelter. Baylor was apparently drawn to his tiger stripes. Lori said he seemed to show a nice personality during their visit to the shelter.The shelter had him listed as a stray but he was declawed and neutered already so someone had spent money on him. He is less than five which I was hoping for because I think a kitten would freak him out and an older cat would be too quiet. They had named him Grimm and we liked it enough to keep it if we got him. I had filled out their application the night before and sent it via email they went to the shelter. They they had it already when they arrived and Lori had a few additional things they needed to process the application. They did their checky checks and we found out on Friday we were approved. I started crying when she told me because I love having cats, though not in a cat hoarder kind of why, and while we did have a cat for the last few years, George was basically a feral cat that lived in our basement. Baylor loves cats and wants to play with everyone he comes across. I really wanted him to have the same childhood experiences I had with my cats. They were supposed to go on Monday to get him but we had another snow storm ad they were closed. So we had to wait another day and Tuesday they were home around 3:30. Eddy apparently stood guard at the carrier barking all afternoon and when I got home at 5:30, he was still in the carrier and Baylor was laying on the floor next to him playing his Leapster. Eddy was finally being quite but Grimm was still pretty scared. I layed down on the floor and talked and petted him. Baylor brought over several toys for him to check out. I got up to put some groceries away and Lori said he had darted out and was under the table. We showed him his food and water and Baylor brought him another toy. He made it back to the living room before Eddy had him pinned under the couch.
The rest of the night went well. He was shy and scared which is to be expected. But I had him on the bed and purring and he had used the litter box before we all went to bed . All good signs to me. He is a pretty cat and I think he is the smallest cat I have ever had. He has a tiny head but a big round tummy! He purrs easily and loves to be loved up.
Wednesday was another snow day so Baylor and I were able to spend more time with him getting used to us and his new home.
Baylor sang him songs and showed him how to play with his toys.
And that night he curled up on the couch with him for a nap!





So sweet - that pic of the kitty and Baylor sleeping together is priceless. Also, my girls would be completely jealous of your snow.
ReplyDelete