Tuesday, March 25, 2014

We Have a Floor


So the boys picked out a nice tile. Friday they put it in and we were not able to walk on it until Sunday morning.  That meant a lot of running outside and down the outside cellar stairs to get to the rest of the house from the living room. 


Monday the grouted and we now have a tile floor in the kitchen.  


I went back to Marshalls and bought the shower curtain I liked better.  I moved the Ikea one downstairs and I do like this one better.  


While the fridge was pulled out I decided to clean it off.  I love our magnets, photos, art work, and all the other stuff but I was too much.  It looks odd without all its bits and bobs but I like it at least right now.  


And while the stove was in the dining room I made dinner in the electric skillet grilled cheese and tomato soup heated in the microwave. 


The window is framed out but they won't be able to put it in until it is over 60 degrees. So I cannot put everything away or move it around because they need the room to get around and to repaint everything.  


But the kitchen was put back together on Tuesday.  


It has been a long process and shifting stuff and stuff sitting everywhere is getting tiresome.  But we like the results.  

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see this in person! I have an imagined idea of how it would look, but, obviously, I must see it live.

    Sounds like you and I need to take a trip to Home Goods for decorations!

    ReplyDelete