Wednesday, July 2, 2014

We Like Pina Colada!

Last Friday, after vacation, I stopped at a local produce 
farm for some fresh corn for dinner.  Baylor usually gets ice cream there and today he tried Pina Colada and loved it.  The sun was right in his eyes when I took the photo but you can see he had it horked down by the time we were at the car,  I had a split dish of coffee bean frappe and divine chocolate.  It was amazing!  


I am not sure what they do with the kids all day a day care but it was only six miles home and he crashed!  It was the third Friday in a row he fell asleep on the way home.  


Saturday morning was the Aunt's meeting at my house.  I had to do it all by myself because Mom and Dad  are on vacation in Germany visiting Ute.  There was a lot to do but I got it all done without stressing myself too much.  

I wish my life was more like Grimm's: sleep in the sun, eat, get some lovins and go sleep some more.  


I stocked up on cleaning supplies and spent the day we got home from the beach putting it all out in the garage.  


I made an angle food cake black raspberry cake roll for me installment of a year of cake rolls.  


I made bread to serve with our jellies and jams, cut up melons and green grapes, and a couple trays of assorted olives and pickles.  


I made blender salsa, black bean dip, and pimento cheese dip and had various dippers.  I made mint tea with our own mint. We had coffee, orange juice and 1/2 and 1/2 tea and lemonade.  And clean the house or hide all the crap!  Everyone loved the addition and how the upstairs is set up now.  We had a nice visit and Baylor and Eli even went swimming!  



After the Aunt's meeting Baylor and played together outside.  I had been so busy the last few days getting ready I really just wanted to spend some time with him.  The girls came over and invited us to go to the pool at 5 because it is only $5.00 after 5 PM.  We ended staying until close at 7:45 and we had a really good time.  


Yesterday when I got in the car the temp was showing 100 degrees.  I know that is just from sitting in the sun but it was a shock to see.  


In  a few minutes it cooled down to a refreshing 91 degrees. I think it will be another hot summer! 


And since it is hot and summer and we love ice cream, we made Pina Colada at home!!  It was awesome!!  


So awesome, he ate it off the ice cream scoop.


1 comment:

  1. Whoa! The supplies!! I will have to try your pimento cheese-- it's one of my faves!!

    ReplyDelete