This morning was the Aunt's meeting at Kathy's house and I had made a nice Fall Apple Cake Roll. It split in so many places it would not stay together at all.
I woke up early and found a recipe for a Chocolate Turtle Cake Roll and I had most of the items to make that one and the items I was missing I could make do. Well, this one split when I tried to roll it up but I figured the filling would almost keep it together and it was getting to be time to leave.
So I rolled it up, plopped it on the plate, drizzled the chocolate sauce, caramel sauce and pecans on it and called it a cake roll. It tasted great, it just did not look very good. I smashed the rest into a container and called it Turtle Trifle when I served it to Gloria. The baking goddess must be angry with me as it was not my only baking failure lately! I will have to think of something to do for her to make her happy again!



No comments:
Post a Comment