Friday, September 19, 2014

LA Fall Festival

After picking Baylor up at COF we headed to the elementary school for the Fall Festival.  We had to bring a side dish so I had made four boxed pasta salad mixes (because they had box tops on them) but I doctored them up with fresh tomatoes from the garden, a cucumber and Ranch dressing.  We had watermelon, cheese poofs, alfredo noodles, a taste of lasagna and a few meatballs.  We shared a table with a coworker and her family and another family of three.  Then we went outside.  Baylor played for a bit and then wanted to go on the hayride.  Perfect time for a selfie.  


While I was sitting talking to my coworker friend, Baylor started to take about a boy from his class.  He does not talk about many kids from class just mainly from COF. But one name I hear often is Kartikey.  At first I thought he was saying the name wrong but he has been saying for weeks now.  As I turned around to meet him the women on my other side asked me if I was Baylor's mom.  Turns out Kartikey talks about Baylor as well. I was glad to hear it was not a one sided friendship!  And in a sign of the small world, my coworker and Kartikey live in the same neighborhood.  They see each other at the bus stop. As we were talking and the boys were playing, in their own little world with dozens of other kids all around them, Carson's parents showed up.  I had met his mom at the Superhero party and her husband and younger son were there as well.  The five of us parents were able to talk some as we trailed the kids.  First they wanted to get their faces painted and then the went to have a sack race.  





Baylor and Carson asked for 'tigers' and Kartikey asked for the hulk.  It was more like a green smiley face but we tried to make the best of if.  






Baylor fell asleep on the couch and rolled over once and clenched his hands.  It was so sweet.  


Grimm and Eddy were on the floor together and I had to catch the peace in the kingdom. 


Grimm was next to me getting some late night lovens and took a nap on Baylor's legs.  I spent years sleeping with a cat on my legs and I hope Grimm eventually takes to sleeping with Baylor.  Until them I love giving Grimm his lovens.


No comments:

Post a Comment