Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday was a Good Friday

Baylor was off school for Good Friday and COF was closed as well so I worked from home because I did not have anywhere to take him.  It is a bit easier working from home now than when he was younger but it is still more work. But I get to make pie while working so it did work out well.  


And I did not burn it like I did at Christmas.  


Landon and Joey came over around 12:30 and picked up Baylor to take him back to their house to play until I was off work.  We were able to log off at 3:00 if our work was done so I was able to have about an hour of free time before heading out to pick him up.  After getting him at Landon's we went to Kartikey's and picked him up for a sleepover at our house.  We headed to Sky Zone and meet Gloria there.  She watched them jump for a bit and then headed home to go to bed.  The boys had a great time in the foam pit but I know they would have just loved playing in the pit together and not having to crawl out.  



They found two tampolines together and jumped around and off the walls.  Kartitkey takes gymnastics classes and had more skills than Baylor but I was surprised at Baylor running up the walls.  

 I love this one of Kartikey and sent it to his mom. 


The joined some older kids playing dodge ball and for the first round did really well not getting out.  They really just bounced on the back trampoline staying out of the way of the balls.  The boy is the grey shirt was really nice with them and all the boys were good about two 7 years olds joining the game. 



The second round did not end as well for Baylor.  He was not the original target but ended up taking one right in his left eye.  Not the ball shown above, that went behind him.  But it was a hard throw and he ran out to me crying.  One kid told the thrower that he can't hit kids in the face.  But I know he was not trying for that and honestly, it is all fun and games until some one loses an eye. Many of the kids checked on him and patted him on the back in good sportsmanship.  The boys had been bouncing for a good half hour and were sweaty and nothing cheers up a hurt kid than a blue raspberry icee.  



Because who does not love a blue tongue.  


They took about a 10 minute break and finished their jumping hour.  We had some time to kill before going to the movie so they picked some dippen' dots type ice cream.  It is a good thing sugar does not explode their systems.  


We headed to the theater to see Zootopia and still had some time to kill so they hunted bison until it was time to find a seat.  Where they ate sour patch kids until the sour got to them and made me put them away.  



The movie was out after 8 and they played video games and wrestled off and on until I made them go to bed at 11:15.  Within ten minutes they were at the foot of my bed:  Baylor was afraid of the dark and Kartikey was afraid of being murdered which made Baylor even more afraid.  So they both ended up sleeping with me.  Thank goodness for a king sized bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment