Saturday, December 3, 2016

Gingerbread Party 2016

I was making one of the dips for the party and found my avocado smiling at me.  I took it as a good sign for a good day!  The food theme was no forks so everything was a dip.  I had three hot dips: Reuben, Black Bean and Corn, and Meatball Sub.  I had cold dips: chipped beef, pimento cheese, avocado and white bean, edamame hummus, and Amy brought hummus.  I had two sweet dips: gingerbread and brownie.  And a ton of dippers.  I also made the Rolo pretzel turtles, Oreo truffles, and a chocolate covered peanut butter/marshmallow Ritz candy sandwich thing.  


Heather and family arrived first but not until around 12:30 and I was still not quite ready when they arrived.  But Mom and I sugared the houses together and they got to decorating.  I made a camper for Heather and she loved it.  The McGraw family arrived at 1:00 and Tara was led astray by her GPS and arrived at 2:00.  It works out when people spread out their arrival times so it was fine with me!  ☺




I let Baylor go and do his own thing. And Cullen did his as well. 


Brigid and Connor and Lucas all worked on their houses off and on all afternoon.   


I made a house facade for Lochlan and once he was done with it Julie worked on it rather than working on a house of her own. 





Lucas had a lot of help from his construction vehicles he brought and they were great at delivering his candy to his house site.  He was pretty independent decorating this year and Tara was right there to help him when he needed it. 


Mom and I worked on a house together, rather I helped her with the roof and let her do the rest.  I also helped Heather with her camper once she hit a creative wall.  Baylor said he wants a camper next year.  Hopefully I will remember that. 


The finished house tree photos I like to get.  It was a good party and I hope we do it again next year!  










When Mom and I were putting the houses together I poured molten sugar on my thumb and it made a huge blister.  Huge, painful, oh my is it always in the way painful blister.  I had to drain some of the fluid out before bed because it was thumping!  Dishes in the morning are not going to be fun!  


No comments:

Post a Comment