Sunday, December 18, 2016

Round Up


12-12

Made it through the day, not a smidge of belly issues.  


Sometime Google stylizes a photo real nice like!  It was not quite as dramatic in real life but I did like what they did so I saved it. 


While he made it through the day not getting sick, he was not hungry and passed out on the couch pretty early in the evening.  


12-13 

I had the day off and wrapped gifts from 9:30 to 5!  And I also did laundry and finished cleaning up the back of the car as it still smelled terrible.  In the day light I could see all the sick I missed and I am pretty sure it is cleaned up enough now.  When Baylor got home and was doing homework, I worked on the house for Mrs. Failla as a gift to her.  


Baylor helped out a lot but I had to explain a few times that we had to have a plan and a purpose, there would be no slapping on a candy for no reason in any such a place.  So together we came up with a plan for all four sides.  


He even helped with the scroll work on the roof on this side and did a nice job for his first time.  



He was pretty proud of it and I took him into school one more as a drop off to deliver it to her with him.  She really loved it.  And I picked up graham crackers to cut for the graham cracker house decorating party on the last day of school.  I offered to cut them out because they were having trouble getting volunteers to help out during school hours.  


I also made cookies for a bake sale at work on Wednesday.  Yum!  


12-14

I was reading over Baylor's homework and found this little gem.  After taking a picture, I helped him to fix it.  

 

It was also my first paint night and I went with the girls from work.  We made a snowy sunset scene and I enjoyed it a lot!  The moon looking thing is supposed to be a giant looking, close to your face snowflake but it ended up looking like the moon.  Oh, well, I still like it.  


When I left the real moon was looking big and bright.  


12-15

The car dealership at the corner where I turn towards work always has great signs.  


Another gorgeous sunset. 


12-16

I got a head start on dinner by making a beef stew in the crock pot before heading out to work. 


I was able to finish cutting out the graham houses and packed them in a cake box I had hoarded in the attic.  I will have to deliver them next week.  


12-17

The morning weather was snowy, icy crap so we stayed home instead of heading to my parents as planned.  I made my famous and delicious Pork Stuffed with Pork Wrapped in Pork today to take to work on Monday, the Christmas party lunch.    I also made Divinety for the first time and forgot the vanilla and almond flavoring so they were a bit plain. I also made sugar cookie truffles.  It was a good day to be in the kitchen.  


In the evening when the weather had blown away, Baylor and I went to see Moana, which was amazing in my opinion.  I love movies about the bonds of family. Love them!  And I love this guy!  


I think he loves the arcade as much as he loves going to the movies.  Not like he doesn't play video games every weekend or anything!  


On our way up the alley we found three deer eating out back in the field.  It was the first time we saw deer near the house since the first day I visited ever the house.  


12-18

We headed to Lancaster early in the morning to make Christmas Cookies.  I had a few already done and so did Mom but I stood in her kitchen for hours baking more!  



The final cookiescape before we packed up trays for gifts and then packed up the van and headed home.  


Once I was home I had to finish the Christmas candies.  I started with peanut brittle which turned out amazing, especially for my first try at it.  Dad picked up the unroasted peanuts for me and I was excited to taste the results when it cooled off.


I had tried to make a batch of toffee at Mom's and it ended up a sugar and oil slick mess that went down the drain.  I got it right this time and it is my candy crack for sure!  And with those two, I am finally done baking and making for Christmas.  


No comments:

Post a Comment