We have been busy this week but my laptop is acting up ( I wonder if in all my web surfing for Pinterest finds I picked up something that is eating away at the system). The other two computers in the house are working so we know it is something with that one. I just found the CD to put the camera stuff on this computer so now I can catch up. Last Sunday we did some work outside. The weather has been very cool, more like fall than end of summer. I love fall weather but when it is summer I want it to be summer weather. While I painted dresser parts in the garage, Baylor made an obstacle course in the driveway. Once we had both mastered the course, he asked if the could paint the driveway.
We headed inside to make the paints (dollar store shampoo, cornstarch, water, and coloring) I had five bowls and he picked the five colors he wanted and went to town.
When he started throwing the enamelware bowls around the driveway, they were cleaned out and put inside. But it was just as much fun washing away the paints as it was putting them on there.
Because it has been so cool, Baylor has been asking for footie jammies. I pulled some out and he was so excited to wear them and has worn them almost all week. One night he picked out a pair of 3s and they were a bit too short on him but he insisted on wearing them. Around 11:15 he woke up because he was pulling on his neck when he stretched out. We changed into a 4 and went back to bed. The 3s have been bagged up and passed on the Lucas to enjoy.
Mom and Dad were here on Thursday and Friday to watch Baylor. The sitter was off for three days and Lori had to work on Thursday. Lori usually gives Eddy her morning lovins, belly rubs, while they are both waking up during the week. On a work day, she does not get them and look how sad she gets. She cannot even hold up her own head she was so sad. I made sure she got lots of lovins and she perked up enough to have breakfast.
While she was eating breakfast, Baylor and Buddy moved in on the couch and Baylor piled up all he friends next to Buddy.
Not quite like E.T., but close enough.
Saturday, Lori was off because the plant was closed and got to see Baylor at swim class. He protested all morning until we left and in the car. Once he was there he ran right in and was the only one who did not need coaxed to do anything. If he had been in the first position instead of the third, I think he would have been even more excited and apt do do the lessons. He was third and saw the other two protest and not want to do anything the teacher was asking them. But in the end he did great. I am sure next Saturday he will protest all morning also.
After swim class, we headed to VA to visit Tara, Julie, and Lucas. Tara summed up the day very well and I had a blast. But, for some reason I never took out my camera. Tara again saved the day and took quite a few nice shots of the boys and one of me with a giant cracker. We are definitely cut out of the same fabric when it comes to shopping. We were very lucky that Julie and Lori were more than happy to take the boys back to their tree house and we were able to shop the way we like to; slowly, one aisle at a time, covering as much shelf space as possible, picking up, checking out, making jokes along the way. It was a great time to get to know each other better and build our friendship. The girls had a quite time, Julie took a nap on the couch, LOL! Lucas napped too and Baylor played and watched some shows with the girls. They played well together and Baylor was very gentle and sweet with their cat Charlotte. She is a sweet cat and a great addition to the family.
The only photos we took were on the way home. I looked to the left and found a rainbow 'spot' almost level with the sun. Lori tried to catch it but it did not come out very well. It was very odd, because it really was a spot of rainbow. It was also odd because when we drove down in June we saw a rainbow in around the same area. Baylor was asleep within 10 minutes and woke up at 6 am on Sunday.
We found some spots in the spare room where it looks like Eddy got sick and we had to clean it up. Baylor is still a willing helper when cleaning tools are involved. He ran the vacuum.
And the Resolve stick thing. He loves that thing and whenever he sees a spot of any kind he drags it out of the closet to clean things up. (Tara, notice he slept in his clothes to bed and wore them for half of Sunday also)
After the morning clean up, we went outside. Baylor swamped while I painted.
But we also cleaned a rug from the car that had a coffee stain on it. Again, my little helper took over and was on the job.
He also helped with the sanding. And I can use the help.
I have to get this done soon and it is dragging on. Paint, dry, sand, paint, dry, paint, dry, paint, dry, sand, paint, dry, sand, paint. Every piece, every drawer.
We did go to the pool store to get the stuff we need to close the pool. We will do that tomorrow night as I have to let the choline vapors dissipate for 24 hours. It is too cold to swim anymore and fall is right around the corner! We stopped at the fabric store to find some Halloween prints to make bean bags for our up coming Halloween party. I am so excited about this party and as soon as I am done with these dressers I be getting ready for the party. I am so excited!!!
So fun - I never thought I'd miss the three year old phase, but I think you've made me miss it!!!! I hope you do a Days of Fall thing too. I don't always click through from my Google Reader to show you I'm reading along and smiling, but your posts always bring such sweetness to the day. Happy smiles over here.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the party!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the party!!
ReplyDelete