In the morning Dad headed to Wegmans before the rest of us were even up and moving. I made Sunday breakfast for everyone (we all love my fried potatoes). After breakfast we drove to Gifford Pinchot State Park which is just a few miles from from our house. And we have never been there! It is an odd park in that there are several entrances depending on where you want to go and what you want to do. Thankfully the office has free maps and we went down four of the five entrances. We walked around the boating area and I let Baylor play on the playground for a while. He should not have to just sit in a car looking at fun things (which is what Dad expects I think)
It was hot so he did not want to stay long so that worked out well. We drove through the camping and cabin areas. While I love the idea of staying in a yurt, the run to the bathroom is quite far. I am not sure I can handle that kind of camping!
So we drove home on the back roads and Baylor took Grandma and Buddy swimming.
He showed off his swimming skills which this year include underwater swimming across the pool. Something he would have never done last summer. That is progress for you.
They swam and had water battles. I got in too and Baylor showed them how I swim underwater at him and he runs over me. He never gets tired of that. Seeing him have fun with his family, I never get tired of that.






No comments:
Post a Comment