We slept in to 7:30 as a family and it was glorious! I did the coffee duty and still no major burns pouring the hot water into the filter basket. We had no firm plans for Monday and other than a maybe idea of going to a water park in the afternoon, the day was open to suggestions. The family we meet on the beach were going to a water park for the whole day and we said we would try to meet them there later in the day. I had to take a photo of the letter on the wall from Mrs. McCool who ran the Walls until her death a few years ago. I love the part about burying animal and fish guts by the fence.
Baylor found the small pan of chocolate cake and had that for breakfast out in the porch. His grim kills me! But the morning started out a bit rough so we decided to head down to the boardwalk around 10:30 to hit the arcades with his bag of quarters.
We played the entire game, all levels, of a Pirate game and I don't even know how many quarters we feed into this game. We also played a Jurassic Park game together. All our hours playing Wii paid off, we make a great team.
We went to Grotto (finally) for lunch but someone was not very happy to be eating out again .
He consented to one slice of pizza and some gelato but no to the fries.
Baylor and I went back to the arcades to work through some more quarters and Mama had a drink at the Grotto bar. He started earning tickets and we played a jumbo Pac-Man game together. We saved his tickets because a simple tiny toy costs like a million tickets. We walked to the Candy Kitchen for some chocolate and fudge. Baylor found a new sparkle eyes large penguin and camo owl to add to his collection. Gloria wanted to take the trolley back to Walls so we picked it up at the boardwalk center on Main St. We had to wait for it to come back around as it was just leaving as we were walking up so had to wait in the sun. We got an ice cream to help cool off but it instantly melted. Baylor was more frustrated with it than he was able to enjoy it because it was running down his hands. We finished it for him. The trolley arrived back at 2:30 and of course I had to sing the trolley song from Meet Me In St. Louis. Baylor wanted to learn the song so when we got back to the room we looked it up online. Baylor and I changed into our suits and headed to the water park to meet up with Rayce and Drew, Gloria was resting and when I asked her if she was going she said no (which apparently she was talking in her sleep because when she woke up she wondered where we were. She did want to go with us after all).
We bought tickets and headed back to the water park. The boys were excited to see Baylor there and took us down a slide right away. Baylor went with me the first time on a double tube and then did the rest of the rides down on the mat like the boys did. We shared our tickets for the Midway with the boys and Baylor was only interested in the hamster balls. For some reason the moms in line kept wondering how they kids were going to breathe. The whole thing is filled with air and they don't stay in them for hours at a time. I kept my mouth shut and handed over the tickets. Baylor loved it!
Even though the water was gross and green, they stayed dry and did not seem to have any ill effects from being in a big plastic, sealed ball. After then hamster balls we played in the pools at the water park until it started to thunder off in the distance. Some parents were actually complaining that the lifeguards were clearing the pool since there was not lightening close to where the we were. I was OK with that because I don't want to take any chances.
Baylor and I went over to the mini golf to spend the time waiting to see if the clouds were going to get closer or blow away. We had a nice time putting through the volcanoes. We did not keep score but I think he is much better than I am at golf.
Thankfully the rain never arrived and when we were done putting we went back to the water park. He loved these open water slides but he did not like the closed hamster tubes. They made his tummy feel like it was going to throw up he said.
We played for a long time in the splash pool with me crawling all around the pool after him. He loved playing hide and seek with him always hiding and me always seeking. We did the lazy river, which was slow and not fast enough for his taste.
We stayed until around 6:30 and headed back to the room. We showered and went out to dinner at Big Fish for a seafood dinner. Baylor was not thrilled again to be out to dinner especially so late but he did eat his noodles and a meatball and all the crackers and the seafood dip. Gloria and I shared jumbo shrimp cocktail. She choose a seafood Jambalaya and I had crab cakes. We both had leftovers for breakfast in the morning! We got back after nine and watched Turbo (the first time for me). It was a long day, with a lot of meltdowns, but overall a day of good memories.
















No comments:
Post a Comment