Sunday, July 12, 2015

Last Days of Vacation

Thursday Baylor and spent the day at home while Gloria worked some OT.  My sister in law put this photo of Presley on FB and I had to steal it.  She is growing into quite a cutie.  


Friday morning Baylor and I drove to Camp Hazel to spend a night with them.  Baylor has asked to have a sleep over with them for a long time.  This was a good weekend for both Heather and me as we are both busy most weekends in the summer with something.  It turned out to be a great weekend for all of us.  I got to sit by a fire and talk to adults and Baylor got to play and be a kid with other kids within the safe boundaries of the camp ground.  I even practiced chopping wood.  Their wood was knarly cherry wood and much harder to break down than the dry pine we had when we were camping.  I had to make wood for the morning because I knew I would be the first one up in the morning and would need to start the fire.   


The night time fire included adult beverages in which I may have had a bit too much but I tried to keep myself under control!  We used the fire color packets too and the green/blue fire was a nice way to end the day.



I was the first one up and walked the dogs so everyone could sleep in.  I made the fire, nearly perfect morning for me, and when everyone was up we tried roasting cinnamon rolls again.  This time I bought the jumbo rolls and they unwrapped easily and were easy to wrap around the stick.  The first one was a bit dark on the bottom but I ate that one. 


Baylor even gave it a try.  He liked it well enough.  


Brigid was a happy morning camper!  



Mom and Dad come over for lunch on Saturday. We had a nice lunch and afternoon.  The kids went tubing and played in the creek a lot.








 The kids figured out they could share the hammock rather than fight over it.






I was on fire patrol and happy to just feed the fire all day long.  


He was out on the drive home and stayed asleep until morning.  A tired kid is a happy kid.  Or is that for just dogs?  


Sunday I walked around the neglected jungle/garden and was happy to see all the different lilies in bloom.  Monday is back to work but this vacation made me feel more relaxed and like I was on vacation.  It was a good thing.  

.












No comments:

Post a Comment