Baylor and I spent the morning at the creek collecting rocks, playing in the water, playing with a dog that belonged to a family also playing at the creek. The dog was a chocolate lab who loved playing fetch, over and over and over and over and over. You get the picture. Baylor did not tire of throwing the ball either so they made a good team. The rocks were for a summer project I have been working on and thinking about finishing before Fall.
I made one creek bed storm drain a few weeks ago and started on the second one for the back yard with my new rock collection. It took over one bag of concrete for this one and a lot of rocks.
The blackberries are starting to come in! I am so excited. I have had the patch for many years but we have never had much of a yield on the young vines. This Summer I put in a big support system and the vines took over. There are red berries all over the place waiting to turn black and tasty!
I love these orange day lilies and I think I got them from Molly's porch. They look lovely with the black-eyed Susan's in the background.
The blue bottle tree has not caught any witches this year but that must mean it is working keeping them away.





No comments:
Post a Comment