Monday, October 5, 2015

Before and After: School Table and Chair

Last year I kind of highjacked this school table with the matching chair from Karen and Ron while they were visiting. I saved it from the Goodwill.  This summer I got around to starting to strip it and once I started I discovered under the pale blue was school bus yellow.  


It took several coats of paint stripper and several weekends to get it off to my satisfaction.  There is still some yellow in some deep lines and some blue in cornery places but that is OK with me.  


I sanded it well and finished it with tung oil because I did not want to stain or paint it again.  Then I finished it off with a coat of paste wax and I love it!  I have to finish the chair but that can wait.  



No comments:

Post a Comment