What a beautiful sunrise this morning. I had to take my phone out with me on my way to the compost pile. The sky was beautiful
and the frost was on the raspberries.
We had planned to go to the flea market before heading to the annual trip to the pumpkin farm and I had asked Baylor to wear jeans for me. He hates them but he looks so darn cute in them. My pumpkin!
This is not my pumpkin but the nice guy Triple A sent out to jump my van when it would not start. He jumped the battery and ran a test on it. The little machine spit out a tape reading I had a bad cell and it needed to be replaced. Lucky for me, he had a car full of batteries and one which would fit my van. We were up and running at 12:12 but by then the flea market was closed. Baylor's second disappointment for the day (the first was having to wear jeans)
But we made it to the farm on our new time of 1:30. I took the annual photo at the ruler.
and on the straw horse.
and the boys together on the wagon.
This year they added wrestling to their mix. It was a cold, fall day and they were dressed warm but with the wrestling came overheating and off went some layers.
Amy stayed with the burrito baby Lochlan in the stroller while we took the boys up the hill to pick a pumpkin. Baylor picked one he could carry which was still nearly 20 lbs. I paid as much for that one pumpkin as I did for three Aldi's pumpkins at $2.60 each.
My Jack O'Lantern out in the field.
I like pumpkins with big green stems but the one Baylor found had a big brown stem. Cullen and Julie picked one that was still part green with the orange.
I asked Baylor to take a photo of us. I love his little finger in the frame.
The ride back was fun, the boys love throwing hay into the wind and being silly together. And posing for photos for me!
They are getting so big we may need two wagons next year. Us moms decided it was too cold to stand around while they played in the play area and we had to convince the boys it was a good idea to leave as well. I know they love it but it was 48 degrees and too cold to be standing around for much longer. I asked if we could compromise and we could go back to their house for a bit so they could play. That worked in convincing them to leave as did the rain/sleet/snow thing that happened on the way to the car.
We ate at our favorite spot down there, Waynesburger. I had a handsome dinner partner and fed him some of my pita and Gryo meat while he was waiting for his hot dog. He is such a cutie and fun to be around.
We headed to Chambersburg intending to stay for an hour or two, and I always have good intentions but we were there for nearly four hours and did not leave until 8:15. I love being with family and friends on Sundays and when I am, I don't want it to stop. We talked about removing the wall paper in the kitchen and painting it. I would love to help! I love to paint. Time will tell but I know I had a great time with them!

















No comments:
Post a Comment