Saturday, October 10, 2015

Last Swim Class for the Session

Another early morning because I had to take Gloria to work, no car, it is now considered totaled with the internal damage it received in the fender bender.  I was up before her because I have the old person insomnia where I can fall asleep but if I wake up I have a hard time staying asleep.  But I get to see beautiful moons and stars and planets like the crescent moon, Mars and Venus all lined up right outside my front door. 


Baylor did well waking up at 5:00 to go a long for the ride to work and then we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas before going to his last swimming class for this session.  




Little fish did not pass but not because he is a bad swimmer at this level.  The teacher was more concerned that most level fours are much older than he is, and usually level threes are older.  One of his classmates was 11 or 12 in this session.  He told him he was a really good swimmer for his age to be doing so well in this level.  He was a bit bummed but after talking about it and the reasons why, he was OK with it. 


And he was especially OK once he got his ice cream and spring rolls for lunch.  



When we got home we puttered about the yard waiting for Grandma and Buddy to show up.  They came over after the Aunt's Meeting in York to spend the night.  They went to Wegmans after unpacking their car and while they were gone I mowed, so much fun.  Dad and I hung a shelf in the living room, the one my grandpa and I made in 2004.  It is level and the ceiling is level but one side is 21 inches from the ceiling and the other side is 22 inches down.  We cannot explain it and there is nothing we can do about it because the shelf is there to stay.  Since they were there for supper, I made Gloria and Dad liver and onions (gross).  But they loved it. 


And for Baylor, Mom and myself I made beef noodle stir fry.  I think we got the best deal. 


 Since Buddy was watching TV in the living room, Baylor watched Pirates of the Caribbean in the kitchen with my mom.  After dinner, while we were cleaning up, I looked over and saw he was out cold in the chair, balanced for the time being.  I took him to bed and he said, I just don't think I can finish the movie.  He had been up since 5 am after all.  


2 comments:

  1. I'd enjoy both dishes... I really like liver and onions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd enjoy both dishes... I really like liver and onions!

    ReplyDelete