Mom and Dad arrived Sunday late morning to help with the clean up. Some things went right into the van to go to Trunk or Treat at the church where Baylor goes to day care. It was a long morning putting everything away any I was beat by the time we were done. But at 3:30 we headed to the church parking lot to set up our car with many other cars who were already there. We were given number 17 and more cars arrived by the time it was all set up. I have never been to or set up for a Trunk or Treat but had a general idea from the internet what to do. In the back of the van I pinned up several of the tablecloths I had just taken down from the party to make it dark. Having a van makes for a large area! I just had several battery lit pumpkins, a talking pumpkin and several strobe lights on low. One or two had noises as well. It was not easy keeping the sides on as it was pretty windy so it was not as dark in the back as I was planning on. Baylor wore his bucket head costume and I put a small headband on Meme. I had a camo shirt with small foam pumpkins sewn on it. I was a pumpkin patch, which was Baylor's idea from years ago.
From 4:00 to 4:45 the kids were in the gym and they had several games set up. I liked this ping pong ball in the cauldron game but I am not sure it would work at my party: too many balls bouncing all over the place.
Another was a knock a pumpkin off the head of the preacher and the director of the daycare. Zayden hit the pumpkin twice but it would not fall off. But like my games, once you do the trick, everyone gets a treat.
This game they used a Twister spinner and then picked a prize from the same colored bucket. Apparently the green bucket/green prizes were the most coveted as the girl in front of Baylor wanted one from there and the lady just moved the spinner to green so she could get one.
This was a fun one in the toddler room. Just spider webbing and little spiders to toss on to the webs. They all stuck.
I thought about bringing Meme a chair but never ran to get one. I wish I had because it was a lot of standing for an hour during the treating. I had her sit on the car edge for a while so I could walk around. She could not keep up with Baylor and I did not worry about him. He treated until he was done.
We were at the end of the lot and could see all the trunks and the masses of parents and kids. None were very spooky/scary and some were just grandparent aged people sitting behind their cars handing out candy to seriously decorated trunks.
I ran into Baylor a few times on my walk.
When he was done he helped me hand out candy. I put my bucket away so he could be the primary candy giver.
At 6, that is a big deal.
The car across from us was a nice scarecrow patch.
Ginnie and Zayden had a nice witchy truck. She borrowed a hat for her costume.
Ryder's mom and Grandma also had witchy trunks.
I made it back to my pumpkin patch and found my candy crew.
We did not stay for the supper afterward. I had Pap at the house and Gloria coming home so I did not think it would be fair for us to eat there. And I had food cooking at home anyway. Baylor helped Meme make salad bowls.
And he wanted to mash the potatoes so I let him of course. I loved having him back in the kitchen with me. We had a nice dinner of crock pot chicken, spaghetti squash and cheese (like mac and cheese only no mac), mashed potatoes and gravy, and salad. It was a nice family dinner! 







No comments:
Post a Comment