Friday, February 5, 2016

Grumpy Old Man

This year for the 100th Day of School the theme was dress like a 100 year old.  Baylor came home with his idea and I just helped him out.  I found some Harry Potter glasses in the Halloween bin but the side piece broke off and I had to tape it.  I had the angle wrong, leaning out, which caused them to fall off his face quickly.  This just ruined his mood about the glasses, hence the grumpy face.  I re-taped them at a better angle and they stayed on his face better.  


Pap had made Baylor this cane when Meme was using one after her knee surgery and it has been in various states of time out and time in since (I think Baylor just turned four around the time of her surgery).  He was so excited to use it as part of his costume.  I had to warn him it was not a toy or a weapon, which is why it goes into time out a lot for months at a time, especially since it was going to school.  


He hobbled out to the van doing his best 100 year old man impression.  


And then I had him fall down and not get up.  I should have made him a life alert necklace!! 


The day went well he said but the glasses gave him a headache so he did not wear them all day.  They are plastic thick lens and I had told him he would not be able to wear them all day anyway.  The cane was taken away at COF in the afternoon because he let Landon play with it and he turned it into a weapon and shot people.  

When we got him this 100 year old started looking like a teenager and not my little 7 year old boy.  I felt like I was looking ahead in time a bit.  



No comments:

Post a Comment