My running streak of hitting the tracks, train tracks of course, is a long one. I like to document them on FB as well. But I do enjoy getting there when the engine crosses the road so I can count the cars. If I hit it in the middle, I usually do not bother counting at all. It was a long one but I never saw the engine to know how long.
Today was food day a work and we had a mostly Asian theme as it is Chinese New Year. I brought in cucumber salad and miso soup. The hunt for the dashi powder and dried seaweed was a good one last Friday. Jarrett and I hit four different locations listed as Asian markets. One was now Indian, two were closed and we found a fourth one open but very tiny. Luckily they had the two items I needed and we were only 15 minutes late back to work.
My team lead is Vietnamese and his mom will make us spring rolls for special occasions. I won't lie, I may have eaten 6 over the course of the day and I may have brought home 8 for Baylor for the new few nights dinner. He does love them so much!! He read to Grimm while eating his dinner. We have been working on some extra reading to help in improve as he was a bit behind the first half of this school year. He is improving and I am working on motivating him to keep reading. It is something that did not get passed down in the genes as I loved to read, once I got it down. I remember struggling at first as well.
But Grimm is a very good listener. Until you hit the kill button, them all listening is off!
Spring Roll deliciousness.
And some lo mein, one of his favorite Asian carbs.
While he was eating, I was working on some sugar cookie bars for the bake sale. My pastry assistant spied the frosting and offer to help. While I of course accepted.
All sprinkled up and ready to cut and taste. This is one of his favorite cookie bars so of course he had a few set aside for lunch this week.













No comments:
Post a Comment