Saturday, April 2, 2016

Busy Weekend For Sure

So Baylor has a season pass to Hershey Park so he can go with Joey and Landon over the summer as they go a lot!  Saturday was opening weekend so Joey asked if Baylor could go with them to get their passes and go on the rides.  Since I was going to Baltimore to pick up Diane at the airport, it was a great help to have him off having fun at the park and not bored in the back seat.  They had a great time and stayed an extra two hours because it was so nice.  


Added bonus: I got to shop at IKEA all by myself!  I found a sofa/futon type seating thing online and it was $130.00, in blue and wanted to get one for the new game room.  I had help inside getting it on the cart, and I helped the lady put one on her cart.  In the parking lot I managed to not sail away with the wind as it was very windy and IKEA carts are hard to control with their extra turny wheels. And when I got to the car, I wondered what I was thinking trying to get it in the van by myself.  Thankfully a guy and his wife were walking to their car and offered to help.  He asked me where my husband was and he hoped he was not at home sitting on the couch.  I just mumbled about being at work and then thanked him for his help.  


Then I headed to BWI and was 20 minutes late because getting through the toll booths on 95 is crazy even with 20 lines going. And don't get me started on the jerks driving up the sides trying to get two cars ahead of me.  And don't think I wont threaten to hit your car with mine if you even think to try to cut in front of me.  A pet peeve for sure.  I have never been in a line that it was not eventually my turn. Anyway, at BWI arrivals I finally found her, well she found me. Turns out she was in the wrong place and figured it out when I started snapping on the phone about not being able to sit in the drive by pick up lanes and she was not at the door she said she was and I was staring right at it.  Not my better moment. We headed towards the Trader Joe's and lunch at a pizza and salad shop in the plaza.  She was hungry after a long day flying.  It was fun, like a subway shop for pizza and salads.  Trader Joe's was fun as well, like it always is. 
   

We had a nice catch up on the drive home but it was late.  Thankfully Joey was OK keeping Baylor another hour until Gloria could pick him up.  


Sunday morning was quite calm and Diane picked up a rental car for a few days and visited some friends and her dad.  In the afternoon Baylor had a birthday party at Get Air indoor trampoline park.  It is a bit different than Sky Zone and he loved it.  They had nice ramps which were fun. 


And a Jacob's ladder to climb and spin off of. 


I went shopping of course!  I had a Big Lots 20% off coupon and the Hancock Fabric next door was going out of business. I picked up some embroidery threads for half price.  That has been my evening entertainment and I have quite a few pieces in the works.  And my favorite urban grocery store is in the same plaza.  I picked up a whole pork butt for $.79 a pound!  And a few other things of course.  

The party was two hours and I did not shop that long so I got to see Baylor having more fun.  They have a ninja course which was quite difficult for the young kids with no arm strength.  Baylor got pretty frustrated and some rope burns on another part of the course but he kept trying. 


He at least made it to touch the top even if he could not haul himself over the edge. 


Caden, the birthday boy, asked if we could come to his house afterwards and that was fine with me. His parents had driven several of the party goers to the event so it was a full house of boys.  And then we put them outside because boys can be crazy with Nerf guns.  




It was certainly a fun afternoon.  

My sister in law shared this sweet photo of Presley.  


No comments:

Post a Comment