I woke up to a light dusting of snow on the grass but of course that did not stop me from getting out the grill to smoke some pork! And the snow did not last and turned to light, misty rain. I had the pork butt from last Sunday and some ribs from Aldi. The ribs took up all of a 13 x 11 cookie sheet and I had to cut off the one end to make it fit on the pan. The butt smoked for several hours first and then I added the ribs for a few hours. I also made a Polish cabbage soup in the morning. It was a fun morning in the kitchen.
Mom and Dad came over in the late morning. Her face when I told her the story of the asparagus, her favorite veggie.
It was really snowing on their drive down to us and it was not even raining at our place as we headed to Heather's (the pork was now braising in the oven). Heather did not even get any rain and had to take the kids to soccer, which did not make her happy as she was hoping for a weather reschedule.
We exchanged Easter gifts with the kids. Since we were not seeing them until after Easter, I picked up several items on Easter clearance!
Crazy cousins. We had a nice visit, although a short one. John and Connor had plans to meet Larry, their brother in laws, and Josh, their nephew, in Hershey for a hockey game. Heather and Brigid had a girls night planned so we left shortly after the boys did.
And we had pork for supper! But no asparagus.









No comments:
Post a Comment