Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 48

The morning started out with frosting our cake. Baylor chose pink frosting and red and white sprinkles.  Helping means he gets to like the knife, so he is a willing helper.  



After I left for work, Lori and Baylor left headed to pick up Meme.  On the way home they stopped at the Toyota dealership to see what the cost would be for some cosmetic work on the front bumper.  While they were there an employee with a parts cart ran into and smashed the passenger side mirror.  So now I am sporting some redneck chrome until they fix it on Tuesday. Apparently we will also be getting the front work done at a very low rate for the inconvenience.  Happy Little Accident I say!  



While Lori did some mowing Baylor and Meme picked up sticks.  It has always been one of the things they do outside and it has been a long time since they have played together.  Well, Baylor bosses her around and she happily follows.  He is not that bossy but he does take charge in his cute way that grandsons do.


Peeking through the trees we could see and hear the fair rides being set up and tested.  Only three more days until the Lisburn Community Fire Hall Fair.



While the mowing, stick picking up, fair set up was happening, I was working on my summer project: painting furniture.  Of course I have a helper when the mood strikes. 


Baylor and Meme went on to play another favorite game of get the ball stuck in the tree and then try to get it out.  Baylor had the great idea of using a pool noodle as he tool of choice.  Pretty smart I thought.



And while all of us were busy, this beauty was grilling away.  Tuscan marinated chicken is a wonderful smell while painting a bench.  We also had green beans from the garden, corn and zucchini fritters (from the garden), and red beets (not from my garden but from the local farm market).

1 comment:

  1. Yes, congratulations on your broken mirror/"inconvenience"!
    m.

    ReplyDelete