I was off work to spend the day with the family and use up some vacation before then end of year. Only 22 days left until fall and we have lots left to do.
I had bought a whole pork leg earlier this year because it was 99 cents a pound (btw I don't know when they removed the cent sign from keyboards but I don't like it)
It has been lurking in the freezer for months, taking up a lot of space. I pulled it out, put it in the freezer and forgot to do anything with it, like brine it or put a rub on it. So I slapped some rub on it before putting it on the grill to smoke all day. It is like a Flintstone leg of beast! I started up the grill to smoke the beast while we did some family running around.
Lori and Baylor have been going to a local Play Cafe for months and I have never been there. I know where it is because my OB/GYN is on the second floor of the same building. So I am sitting thinking little does Baylor know he was conceived in a room right above his head. When they first started to go there Baylor would not play and was shy. Lori had to sit in the room with him and encourage him to get out there and play. He has come a long way and this time he was running to the door telling me to take off his shoes so he could go in. An hour and a half later he came out because he was thirsty.
The girl who stays with the kids in the room told me how much he as blossomed in there. It does a mommy's heart good to hear that. Lori is planning on going back to college, mostly online, and bought a season pass to the play room so Baylor can play while she gets some school work done. They have a small cafe and coffee shop so they can have a nice day out together.
And seeing how much he loves and cares for his 'friends' makes me love him even more for being the sensitive and emotional little boy that he is.
We went to Wegman's for lunch and bought some food for Eddy. Lori works for Pur*ina and our dog was out of food. Nice. Eddy is still my daughter in a dog suit even though I don't take about her very much. I made my brother a painting of his dog for his first wedding anniversary and I want to make one of Eddy also so I am trying to get a good photo of her to use in the painting.
After Wegman's we stopped at the post office to mail the gift. I hope they like it. I have not created any art work since college. It looks like a paint by numbers but it is not. But it was a simple process and I like how it turned out.
And I like how the leg o'pork turned out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment