I was off work on Friday because the sitter was off and my usual back up baby sitters, my parents, had an appointment. We started the day by beginning the process of making some birthday cards. This week, August 18th to the 26th, we celebrate the birthdays of three very special people. Mom's is the 18th.
The blue print flowers will look nice with yellow thumb print centers and green leaves.
I am not sure where the orange hands are going but we will figure it out together.
After a quick trip to Michael's for some more supplies we headed to Mom's. While Mom and I went to the Green Dragon and Sharp Shopper, Baylor played with Buddy. One of the things they do is build tall pyramids and he gets to knock them down. He will convince anyone to build him something to knock down.
Baylor had a late nap, about an hour before dinner, and fell asleep watching Charlotte's Web. We usually watch the Lion King at Mom's but their copy decided to flake out and no work. Mom found Charlotte's Web and Baylor now wants a piggy to keep and cuddle. Lori will not let me have a chicken so I am sure a piggy is out of the question. I did not know that the movie was made in 1972 and I did not remember how sensitive Wilbur was.
We woke Mom up by crawling into her bed singing Happy Birthday. We started out with her gifts right away. She loved her flower hand print card and we bought her a new ironing board cover. Not a very special gift but we have cut back on gifts in general so if we do give something is needs to be useful. And her ironing board cover is awful. I would know because I think I use it more than she does. So it is really a gift for me! Dad gave her a purse that Mom had bought for herself and told him to give it to her for her birthday. (We are weird when you put all that in writing.)
Buddy and Baylor made pancakes for breakfast. Apparently it was a man's job because Baylor kept running in to the living room tell us women that the boys were on the job and we should stay out of the kitchen.
After breakfast we were working on another craft for another gift and Baylor had a major meltdown out of no where. After is was over, and we nearly left because of it, we played outside until it was time to go to birthday lunch. We tossed a ball and moved dirt from one side of the garden to the other.
We wrote a birthday message on the driveway.
And we climbed the dogwood tree. He is trying to, wanting to, dying to climb trees. This is low and has good climbing branches and I am sure when he does learn to climb on his own, it will be on this tree.
We had planned to take Mom the Shady Maple for her birthday but will the ever changing moods of Baylor, we decided on somewhere closer. Lunch went well other than a slight meltdown over french fries. We went home and planned on making ice cream but the insert was not frozen so we had a change in plans. Of course Baylor was very helpful in blowing out candles, a few times in a row. Dad bought Mom a cake.
And we made Mom a cake with 16 ounces of dark chocolate.
We headed home and Baylor napped the entire way and of course woke up in the driveway. I was hoping he would sleep a bit because I was tired and wanted to rest too. But there is no rest for the weary or sick parents with wired children. Somehow we all just power on. We played in the yard, worked on my painting project, trimmed the trees a bit and put the sticks in the fire pit for the next fire, and harvested cucumbers, beans, and carrots in the garden.
Thankfully bed time came like it does everyday! Tomorrow is another day of summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment