Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 68

A bit of catching up on the last few days.  Thursday was Lori's birthday.  She worked OT that day and as a gift, I served her left overs for dinner and took Baylor outside to play.  She had a quite evening to herself to watch whatever she wanted on TV without being asked for another episode of Team Umizoomie.  She appreciated my thoughtfulness. 
 
Saturday, day 67, we did a morning of shopping.  We arrived home and had a hour before Natalie's 8th birthday party.  Even though Baylor only had a 10 minute nap in the car, he was raring to go. 
 
 
We arrived first and he headed straight for the play area in the Brown's backyard.  He loves their climbing wall and the fort at the top. 

 
Natalie's real birthday is the 27th, the day we moved into our home.  Mandy and Doug were at the hospital having a baby while we were wrangling the tons of boxes into our new house.  It makes it easy to remember how long we have been at the house.

 
She started pulling faces after a few smiles.  She is eight after all.  This is her model face she said.

 
Vanessa said this was her model face.  I am not sure who they will be modeling for but they have my vote! 

 
And so does he! 

 
Natalie had so much fun at her sister's party last month that she chose the same theme.  At least Baylor was familiar with everything this time and knew what to expect. 

 
His favorite was just playing in the water rather than waiting in any of the lines for the games.

 
They added a football toss game to this party and I think he got two out of three in the hoop. 

 
He chose bubbles for one prize and had a lot of fun popping them. 

 
So much fun that Natalie and Vanessa also picked bubbles so they could have fun also. 

 
He scored 15 points at the bean bag toss. 

 
And walked super carefully with the egg and spoon race.  He only dropped it once. 

 
And even tried the gunny sack race.  The sack was about as tall as he is and eventually he hopped right out of it. 

 
All the party guests had their pictures taken with the birthday girl but Baylor also jumped while they were serving the cupcakes. 

 
And back to the water he went. 

 
While Natalie opened gifts, Baylor decided he was done and headed home.  It is a short walk so I said our good byes and followed.  What he really wanted to do was get out the wood we bought earlier that morning.  Have I mentioned he is all boy? 


 
See this nice piece of poplar?  I have a wonderful project planned for that one.  The other pieces were cut into blocks and columns for Baylor.  I have decided I need a tabletop belt sander.  This hand sanding is for the birds. 

 
Also when we were shopping I decided on a container of Crimson Jewell popcorn rather than microwave popcorn.  This week Lori burnt a bag in the microwave and I hate that smell.  People do that at work all the time and I don't need to be reminded of work while I am at home. 

 
We have never used the air popper in Baylor's memory and he loved the idea.  I love there are no chemicals and no burning!  

 
Baylor just loved having popcorn to eat while watching Team Umizoomie. And sitting on my ladder I had to get out to get down the air popper from the back of the top cabinet. 

 
Sunday we slept in until 7 am!  That is a good thing in my book.  I got started on my dad's birthday peach pie and of course my baker's assistant was ready and willing when he heard the clanking going on in the kitchen. 

 
Mostly he just rolled out the flour on the cloth.  But we managed to roll out the crust, shape it, and put it in the fridge while I peeled and prepared the peaches.  We bought them on Saturday at Oak Grove, where we also had ice cream for brunch. 


 
While the pie was baking we made Buddy's birthday card.  I should have added some details to the cake print, like a plate and some icing ornaments.  It would look more like a cake then a messed up hand print missing a thumb.  I made him three kitchen towels that hang from the stove and bought him a box of pancake mix after the disaster at their house on Mom's birthday.  

 
 He loved it all.

 
Especially the pie. 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Are you making what I think you're making with that giant piece of wood? If so, I want to make one of those, too!

    I'm sad that summer is drawing to a close and we've only visited once. I hope that you guys can come down on the 15th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and when is the construction rodeo again??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna be your kid. Also, WOWZA on that peach pie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party! Love the pic of the sack race :)

    ReplyDelete