Today was Baylor's first dental cleaning. Lori ended up having to work OT today so I had to take him to the sitters, go to work, leave at 11:30 to pick him, go to the dentist, take him back to the sitters and was back at work at 1:14. It is a pediatric office and they really cater to little ones. The toothpaste flavors were chocolate, vanilla birthday cake, bubble gum, and mint. Baylor choose chocolate because he is my son after all.
He kept his hands on the sides of the seat and drummed his fingers the whole time. He had a bit of tartar on the back of his front teeth she had to remove but otherwise he has good teeth and a good bite, and like his mommy.
His teeth were sparkling when they were done. He had a fluoride treatment and they told him no coffee (hot liquids) until morning. They don't know that he likes his cup of coffee milk in the mornings, but it is far from hot!
I was a bit worried about taking him back to the sitters because I have never had to do that before. He had a bit of a meltdown in the office while we were waiting for the dentist but it was nap time and they were taking forever to get done. The first dentist checked one of the three kids and disappeared and then they had to find another dentist to check the other two. Naturally Baylor was number three so we had the longest to wait. But I had no issues dropping him off and Lori got the report that he had a good day when she picked him up. I ended up being at work an extra hour but more so to make sure everything was done that I could take care of before being out on Friday.
We made pistachio ice cream after supper. Baylor and I shelled the pistachios on Sunday and we had made the base the other night. I had a pretzel cone and Lori and Baylor had theirs in a dish.
And for my next sweet escape, the recipe started with 12 ounces of bittersweet chocolate and six ounces of butter. This is sounding like heaven on a plate but we will not be eating it until Saturday for Mom's birthday.
He handled that like a champ!
ReplyDeletem.
p.s. I hate your verification system. It's driving me nuts!!!