Monday, October 1, 2012

A Birthday and the Harvest Moon

 
Saturday afternoon we headed to Chambersburg for Cullen's Birthday party.  His birthday is actually September 30th but Saturdays are a better party day.  The  boys are growing so fast! 
 
 
When they were two.
 
 
and three.
 
 
 
 

 
 
And now.  Baylor did not really understand this was a party and not a play date.  He really wanted to play with Cullen inside so we had to steer them outside with the other kids.  Julie runs a day care in her home so there is lots to keeps the kids busy.  

 



 
Baylor of course loved singing Happy Birthday to Cullen. 

 
And Cullen did great blowing out all the candles across the cakes. 

 
Cullen received a lot of nice gifts and the bike was the best one of all. 

 
When we got home, the moon was peaking out of the clouds and we played with the ball by the light of the moon.  I love that my son finds joy in silly things like looking for the moon on any given night and then tossing a ball around in the near dark.  Lori came home while we were out there and joined the fun. 
 
Sunday Grandma and Buddy came over for a visit.  Baylor loves playing games with Buddy and they watched Toy Story 3 together.  Mom and I worked on some craft stuff for the Halloween Party.  Of course Baylor spied the glue sticks.  We helped him make his own pumpkin face with paint chip dots.  I love paint chip crafts and have quite a stack of paint chips. 

 
Meme and Pap showed up around 3 and Baylor enjoyed having all his grandparents around for a while.  He was too busy to nap with everyone here.  Until he and Meme watched a movie on the computer.  He was still long enough to fall asleep as was Meme. 


 
After dinner they went out to find the moon.  It is a bright full moon but has been covered by clouds the last two nights.  There was a break in the clouds every now and then but the end of the clouds could be seen behind us.  So we waited. 

 
And it was cold so I wrapped them up.


 
Eventually the clouds were gone and I played with shutter settings.  I could not get a clean line moon but the aura looks pretty neat anyway. 


1 comment:

  1. Awwww, I love all the pics, I can't believe how big Baylor has gotten! You do so many fun things with him, he's lucky to have such a great mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete