The leaves have changed a lot since Wednesday. Once they start, it goes so fast. I cannot figure out how to get the left side not all washed out and capture the blue sky instead.
I hear the Circle of Life in my head when I post because I think we do the same thing every year, Baylor just gets bigger. But as long as he enjoys our adventures we will continue to do them. We meet Julie and Amy at
Just like last year, we had a gorgeous day for a trip to the pumpkin farm. Baylor was excited to see he friend Cullen and I always look forward to our time with Julie and Amy. We did pretty much the same things as last year. I feel like I am repeating myself so I am just posting the photos for the most part.
Baylor was much braver this year and went on the slide over and over again. Last year he was run over on his first time down and would not do it again. This year it was hard to get him off of it to try something else.
He only did this slide once. I guess the long dark tube was more appealing.
We steered their interest to the bouncy hay. There were mattresses underneath the hay and they could jump off the bales and bounce. Baylor found two corn cobs and would throw them in first and then go after them.
Then we showed them the climbing tower. For two boys just barely four they both made it up without help.
And then we feed the goats. I had a lot of quarters so they got to steer several times. The goats were just as piggy this year as last year.
He wanted to go to the wood pirate ship and the boys had a lot of fun being pirates.
Especially when Baylor found the pole. He needed help sliding down it but he loved it. He was a also interacting with children he did not know. That a quite a change from the shy little boy I had the beginning of the year. He has come a long way this year in his willingness to play with children and I am so proud of him!
He ran through a long tunnel and then off to the sand box for a few minutes of sand play.
Us Mommies were pretty hungry by then and steered the kids towards leaving. Our strong boys both wanted a turn at pulling the wagon. Amy was pushing from the back and Baylor did not notice. Cullen did and wanted her to stop. When he was not looking she was helping. There were three good sized pumpkins, a large mum and a child in the wagon and it was pretty heavy.
I had the booster seat in our car and asked Cullen if he wanted to ride with Baylor so I had a full back seat. We went to the same lunch spot as last year
I got the same thing as last year also, my favorite sandwich on the planet, Greek gyro. I could eat them every day! Baylor wanted a grilled cheese but they cut it in half so he would not eat it. I made that mistake once at home, cutting his sandwich. He ate french fries and a chocolate shake and one tiny bit of the sandwich. All he wanted to do was play with Cullen anyway. Amy had to leave for work and Julie and I enjoyed talking while the boys had fun.
We did have to reign them in a few times and when they just got too out of control, we packed up and headed out. The boys were sad to part. Cully first wanted me to take him home and then wanted to come live with us. Baylor was sad to see Cully get in his own car. Hopefully we will see them again on Saturday at the Halloween party!
On the way out of town I came across this street with the trees on fire with bright leaves lit by the sun! The photo does not do it justice. At all.
Little man was worn out and it did not take long for the eyes to close and h
Here are the trees in the afternoon. Still gorgeous.
I brought something out of the garage and this beauty was hitching a ride. Baylor and I coaxed her onto the potato cage.
And then Baylor found a little friend for her. That is three mantis in a week.
Baylor painted one side of the wood pumpkin. He did a great job on the face and told me I really did not know how to paint. He needed to show me how.
I love the look of him with his hands on his hips holding his brush, concentrating on his work. The hand on hip thing kills me!
The moon is out but in the early evening now. Baylor finds it every night. It is nearly a half moon now.
And the starlings are on the move. We yell at them to stay away from our feeders. I am sure the neighbors think is mad yelling at birds in flight. But we have fun together and they stay away from the feeders. It must be working.
I tested out the photo thing I painted for the party. Baylor took the picture of me.
He did pretty good!
So I started this Saturday night and just now getting it done. I am so behind!
Cullen and Baylor look like they could be brothers!
ReplyDeleteI just love the stuff you all do. I am getting ready to write a similar post-- of course... ;-)