Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Paulus Farm Market

Sunday Lori was home, well she was off all weekend, because she hurt her back.  She was sitting on the couch with Eddy and Baylor thought Eddy was lonely.  He piled all the friend, blankets, and pillows he could find on to her.  She is such a tolerant dog and just put up with being covered up.  She usually just wants some lovings or food and in the in between times just goes with the flow.   
 
 
We went to Weis for some groceries. I found much more than was on my list, as usual.  We needed some hay bales and headed to
 
 
which we have been to before to feed the animals and buy produce.  We pulled in the place was packed.  Apparently they go all out in the fall and we hit it at prime season.  We had to park in the field next to the remaining mums.  I am not a fan of mums in general but Baylor was drawn to them.  Any thing for my little man and we loaded three into a wagon.  Still not knowing what was going on, we headed off to pay.

 
I saw a corn bin in the greenhouse and that was then end of our shopping.  I parked the wagon near the hay bales and we went in to see what was going on.  It is $4.00 per person to get in.  I do not get why they charge parents because we are not generally playing on things.  If I were of more average size you bet your butt I would be going down every slide, playing in every corn bin and going through every hay maze and get my monies worth.  We hit the corn bin first. Honestly, he would stay there all day if he could.  And honestly, I really hate steering him around to other things. Ideally I would want him to explore at his pace and time but we really did not plan on being here long to begin with.  But I tried not to rush him too quickly, and not as quickly as most parents, and let him play. It is for him after all. 
 


 
Eventually I pointed out the slide which was super fun to race kids on, whether they knew they were racing him or not. 


 
I got him to go outside and he climbed the wood tractor.


 
And then we went back to a soy bean bin.  That was a new one for us.  The beans were not very dry and I could split them open and crush the beans.  They were even sprouting in the corners of the bin.

 
He rode the rocking horse.  Ride um' cowboy. 

 
We wanted to feed the pig so we bought an apple.  I used up most of my change feeding the goats the day before so we only got one apple.  But he was happy with that.  It stuck in the tube so he tossed it in by himself and one piggy was quite happy with his treat. 


 
They have the cutest cows there, all golden brown and shaggy!  As soon as I got to the fence two came trotting over thinking I had something more than a camera hanging over the fence. 

 
In the tent out back they had a huge pile of bales leading to a huge slide.  Not as tall as the slide on Saturday but still fun.  The landing was a bit abrupt and many kids including mine bounced onto the mat a few times. 


 
He climbed the jumbo hay bales like a champ and ran faster than I could keep up. 

 
And at every stop, he instructed me to take his picture.  And of course I did. 


 
He went through the tunnels without any trouble. 

 
We bought some chicken corn soup and a water as my little boy was tired, hungry, and thirsty.  We had been there about two hours already.  He loves soup and ate nearly all of it by himself. We waited for the blue tractor to come back for the hay ride and I pushed him on the swing the whole time.  There was a breeze and he was talking to the wind telling it thank you for blowing him faster or slowing him down.  I love how he sees life in everything even the wind. 

 
Finally the blue New Holland came back and we boarded in the front.  There were not many people on our trip.  We sat right behind the wheels and we loved seeing the huge tires slopping through the mud. 



 
We did not get off at the pumpkin patch.  He was very agreeable that we did not need another pumpkin and we were just going for the hay ride.  The other family who got on with us were doing the same thing.  The farm has a pumpkin chunker.  It fired a few times while we were there but it want too fast for Baylor to track and he was still watching the cannon as the pumpkin was hitting the targets.

 
We paid, finally, for out three mum, three bales of hay, one gallon of cider, and one honey raspberry ice cream.  He ate it in the wagon back to the car.  I packed  him and our goodies up in the car and headed to find some fire wood.   We had seen some at a little road side box on the way home on Saturday.  My parnets are coming over this week and Baylor wants to roast marshmallows with Buddy.  We got there and they only had one section of wood, for $5 a section, and all I had was a $10.  So we headed home with a promise to check it again later this week. 

 
About two minutes later this happened in the back seat.  He actually stayed asleep for three hours which for the weekend is very unusual.  We had dinner, putzed around and just had a great family evening. 

 
Monday after work, I got home, changed, ate dinner, and took Baylor outside. We were walking to the garage and Baylor spied a mantis on the front tire of Lori's car.  So that is four in a week. I am not sure why we need all these blessing but we are happy to accept them.  I did not get a photo of him but we said hello and left him alone.   We cleaned the hay out of the car and while I did most of the work, Baylor played on the hay bales.  He wanted a bridge so I found a large wide board for him to use.  After the car was clean and before the sun went down, we went for a walk to pick some pretty leaves to paint with modge podge.  We will see if it works. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment