Sunday, October 28, 2012

Party Prep

I have been slowly getting ready for the Halloween Party and this week I was off on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to get ready. My parents came over and stayed to help me.  We found another praying mantis and that makes five we have seen in the last week.  We had five blessings from them.  
 
 
On Thursday, we used them all up.  I had been on the deck with Baylor looking over the side at a real spider and went inside to work on something.  He is outside often by himself because frankly nothing would ever get done if I just sat on the deck watching him or playing with him.  Lori's schedule is nice for somethings but bad in that we are often single parenting.  So the back yard is usually a safe place for him.  Until we heard screaming for Mommy.  I ran outside followed by Lori and my mom. Baylor was running/stumbling to the stairs as I was running down them.  He had fallen off the deck, from the top of the railing to the muddy ground 10 feet below.  The chairs were not there at the time, they were what he was standing on.  It really was only a matter of time until it happened because he was always leaning over the railing and we were always telling him to be careful or he would fall over.  Lori got rid of the chairs, it was her way of coping and we really never sat on them anyway.
 
 
This is where he fell.  It is pretty dangerous with rocks, bricks, toys and other sharp items. 

 
I put this blue toy where we think he landed on his right side, head between all the sharp items and legs in the muddy swamp.  I think his angles helped out on this one.

 
Anyway, back to the meeting at the bottom of the steps. He was screaming so hard he could not breath and was looking more panicked.  Thousands of thoughts were running through my head: he walked here so his legs are not broken, he is grabbing me so his arms are not broken but he says his right arm hurts, blood is not gushing anywhere so his brain is not broken.  Hold him and comfort him and figure out what to do next.  I picked him up and his right side was muddy and cupping his head with my hand to hold  him closer I felt a goose egg on the right side of his head.  Lori went inside to call the pediatrician and they tell us to bring him in at 3:50.  Oddly enough, we were there the week before for left side pain that turned out to be the painful passing of a way too big for a three year old poop.  I had to get some better clothes on, since I was sure he was going to be fine I did not panic.  The office is about 8 minutes away and we were 15 minutes early.   They took us to the room, checked the vitals and we waited for the Dr.  We told Baylor the Dr was going to check him out but he was not going to try to hurt him.  It was not our favorite Dr but in a pinch he will do.  He had us strip Baylor down to his underpants and did a thorough full body check.  My son may not like what is going on, may protest what we are doing but he is always compliant.  He can be screaming he does not want to go the the store as he helps me get him dressed.  I do love that it does not occur to him to fight against me.  Or the Dr in this case.  He did everything he was asked even walking around the room in his underpants handing out tongue depressors to everyone, which he was asked to.  He even hopped a bit just to show off.  The Dr asked him if he could pee for him and Baylor said, "well, yes, I think I could."  And he peed in a cup for the first time.  The goose egg was a surface bruise and not a thing to worry about. He told us we were very lucky, he appears to be fine and since Baylor was chatting away at the time, that there did not appear to be any damage.  If he felt sick, he was allowed one vomit and after that we needed to take him to the ER in Hershey.  After he feel asleep we had to wake him up every four hours, talk to him, get him to walk etc.  We left with his new sticker and he was happy as a clam. He told me on the way home he just leaned over too far.  I told Lori the reason why he was fine was because Meme prays for him and the praying manitis' have been also.  In the morning after waking him up twice to talk to him, but not making him walk, he woke up in the morning asking me what was going to hatch out of his goose egg and why did the nurse what to see his pee. 
 
Needless to say he is fine and was a super helper.  We made red velvet cake pops.  I dipped them in the white coating and they added the sprinkles.  I made the eye ball versions. 


 
 
 
And they were pretty good too.

 
Then we made deviled eggs with olive spiders and olive eyeballs. Baylor is really quite good at making the spiders. 



 
And we decorated cookies (this was even after the injury)

 
One spoonful for the cookie.

 
One spoonful for Baylor.

 
He learned how to use a glue gun to help make spider nests. 


 
He was quite an assistant.  Between him, my mom and my dad we were able to get a lot done in those three days.  I did not get photos of everything and was beat at the end of the day.  We were so busy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment