Saturday, October 13, 2012

Just another fall day

 
Fall this morning, . The field out back is covered in frost.  The trees should start to change soon. 
 
 
Last night we had our first hard frost.  The annual plants were covered in white frost and by the afternoon were soft and wilted. 
 

 
I was putting up the fall/halloween decorations and I found this lovely lady by the kitchen window.  It is a blessing to see her and she is a good friend to us, but really, not in the house.  And oh by the way, how on earth did she get in here.  It is not like our back door stays open for several minutes at a time and she was not a very fast mover. 

 
I did not want to touch her, I don't know why, but I reasoned to myself it was because I did not want to freak out and crush her.  I coaxed her onto a plastic lid and took her out to the deck.  I don't think she liked the temperature change though. 

 
Baylor make these pumpkins this week.  I love their little sad faces after they baked. 

 
I made a mummy's best friend this week because they were lonely.  I think he likes his new friends. 


 
Back to Saturday, after breakfast in York with the family, Baylor went home with Buddy and Mom and I went shopping at Home Goods and AC Moore.  I had no idea we had a Home Goods and I found a few nice little things that had to come home with me.  Mom got a great deal on a glass pumpkin candle at AC Moore and I bought a skull cookie cutter.  We got back to the house and Baylor was playing outside.  I worked on the bread and soup for dinner. Then I went outside to work on party stuff and play with Baylor.  Mom did some painting and the three of us played frisbee.  Then we remembered we were going to have a fire in the fire pit.  Buddy brougt us some wood from their house and Baylor and I had collected a lot of dead branches from our maples.  Baylor had that love of fire that runs in our veins. 



 
Doug tooks his girls for a wagon ride and we all waved to each other as they went by. 

 
Baylor took some cheese out for a snack while they were waiting to toast marshmallows.  Him and Buddy had some good time together and I love when he gets to spend time with his grandparents.  They have a lot to teach him including how to be safe around fire and toast a marshmallow to prefection. 



 
Our matis friend hung around on the window all afternoon.  I don't know if she will spend the night there but hopefully she will find a nice warm place to spend the night. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment