Monday, April 14, 2014

Before and After: Spring Clean Up

I have been working on the Spring clean up of the gardens.  It is a lot of work that while I know it is necessary, I dread it.  Not because I don't like the work but because of how sore I am for days afterward, every day and everytime.  I always  start in the gardens around the house first and then work my way around the other gardens.  



Another after is the blue arbor is gone. It was rotting and nothing grew on it anyway.  The spot is too shady for an good climbers.  And it was right in front of a window anyway.  


Monday night I started here on the left of the front step.





And two hours later I ended on the side of the house where the house ended before the addition.  There is nothing left up past that space anyway.  


Every year I find praying mantis egg cases and this year I found three. Baylor said we would have lots of luck with all these new babies.  Hopefully he is right.  We have been pretty lucky with them so far. 

I found this one in the mint and we put it in the snowball bush branches.  


This was on the fence and the guys who put the fence back up thankfully they did not destroy or try to remove it.  Luck I suppose. 


I found this one in the Epimedium and we put it back there.  I am so thankful for all the blessings we get from these little buggies.  


And I am thankful for my little daughter in a dog suit Eddy.  We are still having her checked for Cushings but the blood work came back negative but it could be too early to detect with a blood test.  We have called another vet to schedule an ultrasound on her kidneys to check for a tumor.  She is still going strong and still acts like all the food in the house is for her and if you don't hand it over now, she will bark until you do. And then bark some more.  Bless her heart, and I love her.  And I have to remind myself that as she is barking my brains out while we eat! 


She is such a pretty girl, especially an almost 13 year old one.  


Baylor wanted to take photos while we were all sitting on the new bench.  He is a goober head and I love him!  



No comments:

Post a Comment