Sunday, April 13, 2014

More New, to Me, Furniture

The weekend I went furniture shopping with Mom I picked out two pieces that I needed her and Dad to go back for later that week.  Saturday they picked up both pieces and Sunday they brought them over.  One was a bench that is really for the dining table but only when we have the table set for eight. Lori bought us six new chairs for the dining table and this will be a nice addition.  In the mean time it will be under the window so people can sit and talk to me when I am working in the kitchen and Lori can watch the news in the morning.   I found the side table in the shed. It was Molly's living room table and I am glad we have a place for it.  The truck was always in the living room and will be a good storage place for the pile of kitchen towels I have!   


The second piece was a buffet I found at another used furniture store.  It was cheap, $80.00, large, and would fit my desire for a buffet in the dining room.  Grimm loves it also.  My original plan was to refinish the top and paint the bottom in the dragonfly green paint that I used on the liquor cabinet.   


But when it was still on the back of Dad's truck I saw the label on the back.  The Red Lion jumped right out at me and I had to investigate.  My dad grew up in Red Lion and recognized Ebert Furniture name.   It is dated 10-6-48 and the name is something like Kitni R & Hoffman.  So, I don't think it is worth anything because it looks like the back was split and stapled back together.  But I am on the fence about painting it.  And right now I am not going to, because I need it for Easter dinner!  



No comments:

Post a Comment