Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Just A Few Things

Grimm has become a wonderful addition to our family.  He has made himself at home and comfortable with all of us, especially Eddy.  He has no fear of Eddy anymore and is very happy to take over her bed.  In the mornings when I feed them, they both wait until the other is done and then they switch bowls to clean them up. It is quite funny to watch them eating out of each other's bowls.  


I am glad we have the new tile floors because he practically goes swimming in the water dish.  If you look you can see his feet in the bowl.  He is a weirdo and we love him! 


Meme and Pap came over for their first stay in the addition.  We went out to dinner and Pap was teaching Baylor how to flip coins and bet on which side it would land.  Nothing like a bit of gambling before dinner.  


Last week I cleaned out my liquor cabinet and took it to the garage to repaint it.  I had this built by my friend's dad, Jasper.  He has built several pieces for us over the years and I love all of them.  He could take any request and make it happen.  I wanted a cabinet for booze so I had a box from the liquor store on the floor.  I measured it and added room for another bottle, five bottles across if I remember right, and then two boxes high.  A few weeks later I picked this up.  It is perfect.  But the crappy crackle paint was not perfect.  I never even finished it. For years the door was not even painted and stood behind the cabinet.  I finally got the bug to paint it. 



I found a really pretty green called Dragonfly which is totally perfect in our family.  I wanted to try the DIY chalk paint I have seen online and this was my first piece with it.  I used plaster of Paris, water, and the paint.  The paint covered well in two coats and distressed well.  The crackle crap added to the distressing and really worked out well.  



I love how the the distressing around the knob turned out.  


I waxed it when I was done and other than next time I am going to buy a polishing thing for the drill, the finish turned out really well.  I love it even more now!  



1 comment:

  1. Very nice...I will have to try a DIY recipe next time, that Annie Sloan stuff is awesome but spendy.

    ReplyDelete