Sunday, April 6, 2014

Just a Typical Weekend

Saturday morning Dad and I went to two Amish furniture stores as was on a mission to find some pieces for the dining room.  I did not find anything new and that I could afford.  But I did find a few decorative items for the walls!  Later we had an Aunt's Meeting at the Ephrata Diner where my cousin's daughter works.  Since she cannot get off work to go to the meetings, we took the meeting to her.  She enjoyed it and we all loved seeing her.  We took a group photo but it is on Kathy's camera and she did not put it on FB yet.  



When lunch was over Baylor and I went to Mom's.  Well, I basically dropped him off with Buddy and Mom and I went used furniture shopping.  Before we left Baylor showed me how he could climb the dogwood by himself.  My little boy climbed his first tree!  


Mom and I went to about five used furniture stores and I was happy to find a piece at the last place.It is a bit ironic because about 18 years ago I bought a metal cabinet from the same place for my appointment that was at the time just down the road from the furniture store.  I still have the cabinet too. Originally  I had my heart set on a pie safe I saw at the Green Dragon on Friday night but the piece I found was cheaper and I could fit more stuff in it.  And Baylor and Grimm could fit in it also.  They both played in it while I was cleaning it up.  


The previous owner cut two holes in the one side and the pointy back off. But both modifications worked out well for me.  



It is a corner cabinet and it has two movable shelves.  I really need a small appliance garage and the first two shelves are really working out for this.  Especially since I bought a new blender and new food processor and they won't fit where the old and smaller ones lived.  I even wired it with some lights I had bought at IKEA so I can see way in the back of the bottom shelves.  




And I even have a top to decorate!.  


Sunday for dinner we made homemade pizza at Baylor's request.  He wanted a cheese pizza with mustard and now red sauce.  He helped kneading the dough. 



And with grating the cheese. 


And rolling out the dough.


And sprinkling the cheese.  



And then he put on the mustard.  I was concerned it was not a good choice but he insisted on it.  


It turned out beautiful and I was right about the large pools of mustard.  He was not a fan in the end.  


No comments:

Post a Comment