Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hershey Park in the Dark 2014

Today was the last day for Hershey's Hershey Park in the Dark.  Gloria gets tickets from work but she is not able to go because she is at work on the weekends. Baylor is a Reese cup and could go on the smaller roller coasters this year.  His first request was the Super Dooper Looper and he was so excited.  We meet a nice little girl Baylor's age who was standing in line in front of us. Her name is Maya and she and her family moved to PA from GA just six weeks ago.  She was sweet and fun to talk to.  She had lost all her front teeth over the summer so I asked her to tell Baylor what it was like because his tooth is really starting to wiggle.  She wanted to ride in the front and Baylor wanted to ride in the middle so we parted ways.  But then in line was a girl with her leopard print underpants showing.  I could not believe it, especially on a girl.  


Baylor was a bit concerned how we would stay in the car and not fall out on the loop but he was not afraid. He said if Caden could do the ride, he could too.  He was so excited and smiled the whole time.  


He loved it some much that we went on it twice in a row.  Then we went on the Comet twice.  The first time I thought he was going to be sick on the first hill but when we stopped he said it was a bit scary but it was really the snot coming out his nose, he was not going to be sick.  


He spied the small pirate ship on our walk around the park to another coaster.  Smiles all around again. 



And a spinning cup ride.  


The small carousel ride. 


We rode the Trailblazer which was his first coaster two years ago.  He loved it again this year.  We also went on the Howler together which was awful for me.  I had to keep my eyes fixed on Baylor or I was going to be sick.  It spins and I cannot do spinning rides anymore.  




We went through the trick or treat area because we needed more candy at home.  



On the way out of the trick or treat area was a singing group and Baylor wanted to stop and listen.  I sat behind him and we listened to three or four songs.  I even got him to clap his hands over his head for a few songs. 



We played one game which we did not win at even through we played twice.  But the guy at the game game Baylor a small prize anyway.  Baylor loved his pumpkin stuffy!  The moon was out but not quite full.  It was pretty non the less.  



We rode the large pirate ship together.  The rocking was not too bad to handle.  


Finally in the dark we rode the Comet and the Looper again before we left.  Baylor was a real trooper the whole time we were there.  It was a lot of walking, some waiting and pretty cold the whole time.  And even colder when the sun went down.  




And not far into the trip home, my son went down as well.  I am so glad we went together. It was a Hershey Park Happy day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment