Monday, November 24, 2014

Parent Teacher Conference

At 10 am Gloria and I met with Mrs Murray for our first parent teacher conference. We had to sit in the little chairs because that is apparently all they have in the room.  Baylor is doing well and is on track with his learning. She went over the testing they did with the kids and showed us what he struggled with (identifying the teen numbers by sight, but they have not learned them yet anyway).  She showed is their first writing book from October and the one from November and there was a noticeable difference in just the one month.  I talked to her about how I see he is a memorizer and I worry he is not really learning things, just remembering what we read the night before. She said that just be the way he learns but will watch for that now.  We had received his physical ed evaluation and he was struggling with skipping and galloping. Apparently he has my coordination, or lack there of!!  I snapped a few photos of his cubby and the projects in the hall.   All the kids have a kit with their crayons and pencils.  


I really think he meant he was thankful for his Meme but it says money.  I have never heard him say that but maybe another child put that on theirs so he did as well.  


We had homework to decorate a turkey.  He told me he wrote his turkey is stylish.  


No comments:

Post a Comment