We hosted Thanksgiving this year and while it is a lot of work, we love having a full table with our family around. And I loved the giant sweet potatoes I roasted. They were huge!!!
I made a turkey in the oven with an herb mayonnaise rub. Gloria loves mayo and I thought it would be fun to try it out instead of using butter. The turkey was really good. I made some stuffing for in the bird (which I hate doing but the Thatchers love it). Mom brought the boxed stuff along with the canned cranberry sauce, pickle and olive tray, and homemade green bean casserole. I also had a ham in the crockpot, mashed potatoes and gravy, succotash, and the roasted sweet potatoes. Meme brought homemade cranberry relish and pumpkin pies. I made a cherry pie and Pap bought vanilla ice cream.
My parents, Gloria's parents and our nephew Jason were all there to celebrate with us. It was a good meal!!!
Baylor assigned the seats again this year, but he did not want to sit with Jason for some reason.
He wanted his Meme this year. I was on the other side!!
Happy Thanksgiving turkey!
No comments:
Post a Comment